Chapter 26: I'm Yours

"God, I fucking hate this."

—~—

Third Person POV

Rindo thought he was over it.

But come next day, the sight before him told him the obvious answer... No, he was not.

Honestly, (y/n) didn't notice the subtle changes in Rindo's mood. He picked her up after club just fine, and she hung out with him and his friends for a bit as well. Not a single hint of jealousy detected. Either she was way too oblivious or he was a great actor, in which case, he needs to tone it down a little because poor girl is not a mind reader.

(Y/n) was confused and a bit disappointed seeing that Rindo did not wait for her at the school gates that morning, but deduced that he may have overslept or had other business to attend to. It didn't faze her too much. After all, he was his own person and she didn't have to tell him what to do with his life.

And there was some truth to her assumption— he overslept. Rindo stayed up most of the night blankly staring up at the ceiling and desperately trying to make do with his emotions. All this time, he wasn't able to properly figure it out, he had to decide everything right there and then for the past couple of weeks. If it weren't for being put in a life-or-death situation, he may never had realized he had an inkling of romantic feelings for (y/n).

And because of the fast-paced emotional warfare going on, he ended up falling for her... and he fell for her hard. He wasn't naturally an affectionate person but loving somebody just created an urge to keep them by his side. It was addicting, in a sense. He just wanted to be in each other's presence and maybe throw in a random kiss or two, or subconsciously play with her hand when he's bored, or pull her close to watch her flustered expression.

Damn, his love language made it too hard to ignore her.

But Rindo has another problem, dealing with his jealousy. Shockingly, he wasn't jealous solely because another guy was with (y/n)— he was envious that he can't be with his own girlfriend. How ironic was that.

'Hah...' the violet-eyed male's eye twitched in agitation as he opened the sliding door to (y/n)'s homeroom, 'Today's gonna be a long day.'

You mean to tell him that this guy was in her classroom the whole time?!

Making his way to his usual seat ten minutes before class started, Rindo did not hesitate to intensely bore his gaze straight through the raven-haired male. Whether or not the teenaged boy noticed the immense presence, it seems as though he's doing a good job at ignoring the piercing, violet eyes coming his way.

On another note, (y/n) received word from her club president in the morning that the baseball team received a 'go' in making their new sport jerseys. They can probably head to the club room after school, but that would disturb both clubs' practice/work. So, she deemed it was best to get information as early as she can each day before the culture festival.

"Just curious, but what is the baseball team going to do for the festival?" (Y/n) tilted her head in confusion, "It's mostly the visual and performing arts' clubs that have extra activities to do outside the classroom events."

"Oh, the baseball team's mostly made up of third-years so when they leave, we won't have enough people next school year," Taichi explained, "The captain suggested we do a batting cage in the baseball field. Since middle schoolers come by, we were hoping it would interest them."

"Damn, we have similar situations," she airily laughed, "Although, it's harder to promote the home ec club at a school festival."

"Then I'll show off the uniforms you guys make to anybody that comes by," he smiled but dropped it as soon as saw Haitani Rindo shift his attention towards him.