Chapter 37: Wannabe

"Whatever you decide, I'm always here. Remember that."

—~—

Third Person POV

"I love you and all, but how long do you plan on staying?" Rindo sent an unamused expression, "You've eaten almost all of the food we have."

"I thought I was welcomed here?" (Y/n) whined and poutingly binged on some chips. She was wrapped up in a loose blanket burrito on the floor whilst the other laid sideways on the couch— watching some Jdrama that (y/n) wanted to watch with him.

"Not if you take all of our food supply, dumbass," the blonde boy stole her bag of honey butter chips for himself, "What do you think we are to you? Vending machines?"

"No, grocery stores."

"How rich do you think we are exactly?"

"I thought you stole money?" The (h/c)-haired female genuinely questioned and glanced up at him.

"There's only so many people I can beat up before they become broke," he sighed in exasperation whilst (Y/n) leaned her head back onto the couch and opened her mouth. Rindo understood the signal as he searched for an unbroken chip and fed her it, "And we can't ask our friends for money. We already owe them so much shit that we're in debt to them for about... until we die?"

"Sounds like a you problem."

An irk mark appeared on Rindo's forehead, "Sounds like our problem. It seems like you're not going home anytime soon so what are we supposed to do about food?"

"I'll pay..." She sheepishly responded as he shook his head in disappointment before standing up and kissing her forehead.

"With what money?" he quirked a brow and pulled his phone out of his pocket, "I'm gonna order takeout cause my void-of-a-girlfriend's only coping mechanism is binge eating and self-destruction. So what do you want, my little void?"

"Cake, please!"

"Real food, (y/n)."

"Then I don't know. Pick whatever you want," she said as he nodded his head and went to the kitchen to make a call. Meanwhile, the (e/c)-eyed girl lifelessly stared at the TV screen— wondering when the main couple of the drama suddenly got together from when she was last paying attention.

(Y/n)'s conscience was in turmoil. It wasn't that long ago when they dropped off her little sister back to the apartment and everything was... relatively okay. She did end up asking Maya if she heard anything and completely reassured that she wasn't upset at her. Her parents, on the other hand, was a different story.

There was an awkward tension as soon as (y/n) stepped through the door; however, it appeared that they moved on and greeted their daughters happily. (Y/n) was glad. She also didn't know how to apologize so, for now, everyone could forget about it. That being said, nothing was resolved and she felt worse the longer she stayed for dinner. That's how she got here— watching dramas and eating the Haitani's food supply for the next month-and-a-half.

"Okay, I ordered pizza," Rindo announced and walked back to the living room, "What did I miss?"

"Uh, the guy told her to cut off her friends and family, and said that she should only have eyes for him," she replied and he scrunched up his face in disgust.

"What a douchebag," the blonde sneered and sat on the floor next to her, "Are girls actually into that kind of stuff?"

"Me? No. Others, probably," the (h/c)-nette leaned her head to the side and onto his shoulder, "If you do something like that to me, I would dump you in a heartbeat."