Chapter 24: Lavender and Velvet

"Sorry to disappoint, but I fell in love with you too."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Haitani! Maya! Come back here!"

It hasn't even been more than a couple of days since the two became official, and Rindo was already back to his antics to annoy his now-girlfriend. The only difference: he made an unexpected friend.

"I told you she hates cherries," Maya giggled and hastily gestured for the tall male to hide in the bathroom.

"At least you're a better prankster than your sister," Rindo crouched down to match the girl's height to give her a high five— both sharing a grin of mischief.

Younger siblings, right?

The day they got together was... interesting. Much to Maya's horror— as well as (y/n)'s, to be honest— when she came out of her room to check if her older sister was still safe, only to scream in absolute terror seeing the two kiss each other instead. After all, he's the trespasser! Wait... does that mean (y/n)'s in a bad situation?

So, with that obvious conclusion in mind, the younger girl begged the trespasser to let (y/n) go as she rushed over to him and smack her clenched fists onto his arms. Many 'stay away from my sister!'s was yelled that it was painful hearing a high-pitched shriek in his ear. Although, the whole time (Y/n) tried to calm her little sister down, Rindo was entertained. Thus, he smirked, took ahold of his girlfriend's chin, and pecked her lips once more— causing Maya to cry louder and punch him harder as well as (y/n) berating him for making things worse.

It wasn't until Maya was pulled away that (y/n) had the opportunity to explain that he was her boyfriend, and her attitude switched almost instantaneously. After learning that Rindo wasn't a threat, she immediately befriended him without a second thought and even snitched to her parents later that day that 'nee-san kissed a boy!'. And now, the whole family knew about their relationship against (y/n)'s will.

"God— Open the door!" the (h/c)-haired teen shouted whilst her uninjured hand loudly pounded on the thin block of wood blocking her way.

Rindo grinned at Maya and brought a finger up to his lips, signaling for her to keep quiet and she nodded in understanding, "Occupied!"

"Bullshit!"

"Language, (l/n)," he tauntingly said and (y/n) felt an irk mark form, "And how do you know? What if I actually need to use the restroom?"

"Then I'll wait out here. Unlike you, at least I have access to food," she replied with a victorious tone of her own. The door slowly cracked open in front of her to which she crossed her arms.

"Damn, you got me," the blonde boy sighed and rose his hands in surrender. Despite his actions, the mischievous smirk never left his face as if he never lost.

"Where's Maya?" The (e/c)-eyed girl gave an unamused look whilst she attempted to peer over Rindo's tall frame. He took ahold of her shoulders as she rose an inquisitive brow, waiting for him to enlighten her with a poorly drawn up excuse.

"I don't know what you're talking about, babe," he innocently responded and she cringed at the nickname.

"Nope, don't like it," (y/n) scrunched up her nose and waved her hand in disapproval, "Anyways, if she doesn't come out, I'll come in there and tickle her to death~!"

The older female mockingly sang and Maya released a tiny 'eek!' behind the doorway. (Y/n) smiled and Rindo took that as his opportunity to capture the (y/h) female in a bear hug before she walks in herself.