Chapter 28: Yes to Heaven

"Oh, the Haitani's! Nice to see you again."

—~—

Third Person POV

"What do you want, Hanma Shuji?"

'Who?' (Y/n) thought as she eyed down a tall, lanky individual sporting partially-colored hair and golden eyes. The person next to him remained neutral; however, she couldn't help but shiver at his presence... there was something misconceiving about him. He didn't appear as he seems.

"You rarely come out to see us, so you must want something," Ran boredly said, his gaze never faltering to attack at a moment's notice, "And who's your friend?"

"Sorry for my rudeness, the name is Kisaki Tetta," the shorter, blonde male wearing rectangular glasses spoke up and (Y/n) picked up the insincerity in his tone. It's as if he knows the Haitani brothers won't hurt him...

'He doesn't look like a fighter,' she thought. If for some reason things go south, maybe she'll be able to handle him compared to the other one, 'I don't like how on guard Ran and Rindo are... Maybe I'm misjudging these guys' capabilities.'

"And we have a favor to ask of you," the taller one, named Hanma, interjected, "Care to listen?"

"Not really," Rindo blatantly replied. He removed his arm around (y/n)'s shoulders to cross his arms as she took the opportunity to inconspicuously step behind him, "I agree with Ran. You never come out to see us, so why are you asking for favors all of the sudden? It's not like we're friends or anything."

The Haitani brothers knew of Hanma just like how Hanma knew the Haitani brothers. Both have well-known reputations across Tokyo, where one is known as the 'Kings of Roppongi' and the other as 'the Reaper'. They haven't really seen each other— much less, talk to each other— outside of gang fights so of course they had their suspicions. Rightfully so, Ran and Rindo were wary of his intentions, especially for gaining such a menacing title.

"We have ourselves in a bit of... trouble. And I know you two are the perfect match to fulfill it," Hanma said before glancing over at (y/n). There was a bit of hesitation in continuing his statement that he looked over to his friend, Kisaki, to which he merely nodded.

"I'm sure you heard of the uprising Tokyo Manji Gang, right?" Kisaki asked.

Rindo rose an inquisitive brow, "They're starting to get bigger, no?"

"Yeah, they recently beat a gang I was in, Moebius," Hanma responded but he didn't seem a little bit upset, "It didn't matter though, I was starting to get bored of them. But now, we're creating a new gang to fight Toman."

It was Ran's turn to question him, "And why do you want that?"

"I'll spare you the details, we just wanted to ask for a favor," Hanma dismissed as the Haitani brothers shared a look of distaste at the lack of information, "You two are known to be able to call up a hundred people at your disposal. As of the moment, there's roughly... fifteen? Maybe twenty people from Moebius that are willing to join our gang, Valhalla. We want a few more to add to that."

"Is that all?" Rindo inquired skeptically.

It was an easy job for them and they both didn't care enough to not call people up at that instant. They might as well get it over with, they thought.

"There is more," Kisaki piped up as Ran and Rindo intimidatingly shifted their attention towards him. He didn't flinch, in fact, it almost appeared that he was smirking at them, "We have no leader. So we have a group of delinquents being loosely strewn about and barely listening to our command."