Chapter 6: Hate Me

"Pleasure to work with you, Haitani."

—~—

Third Person POV

"I hate my life."

(Y/n) groaned first thing in the morning just as Rindo walked into her classroom once again. It hasn't been long since they made their deal but completing her end appeared harder than it seems.

Firstly, she didn't even know where to start. In theory, the plan seemed sound; however, that would mean finding the right people and risking her safety to talk to more delinquents other than the two she already met. If anything, a fist-fight would ensue the moment she entered gang territory and she didn't have the fighting skills to protect herself. It was already shocking as it is that her first encounter were the two most well-known in Roppongi.

Secondly, she didn't know how to make them willingly give her the information she needed. She was, by no means, anywhere near the likeliness of a delinquent and having some random girl approach them didn't seem too persuasive either. If somehow she did manage a conversation, there was no way she would be able to get out unharmed.

She really should've stuck with her first plan of annoying the absolute shit out of him.

"What? You slacking on your job already, (l/n)?" The voice that she ever-so dreaded sounded quite tauntingly in her ear which made her want to coil away from him even further, "If we don't manage to catch them or they decide to end their stupid chase of cat-and-mouse early, you already know what'll happen."

"Yeah, I know," the young girl grumbled and racked her head for any other ideas, "Just shut up for now, Haitani. I'm thinking."

He hummed in response and (y/n) was glad that he actually obliged considering her eyes were closed and she couldn't see if he would comply or not. Meanwhile, Rindo was just as frustrated or maybe even more so since his investigation started way before she entered the picture. A few weeks without any leads was really starting to take a toll that somebody was trying to play mind games on him and his brother.

And what upset him the most was that they were actually winning. Last night, the brother-duo encountered another gang fight and decided to insert themselves into the equation, but that was hardly entertaining since a small, unknown gang already heard of the rumors. Mockery came about that some trouble makers— who may or may not be delinquents— will defeat the Haitani's sooner than later... How irritating.

"What seems to be the problem exactly?" Rindo finally spoke up after a couple of minutes of silence and (y/n) begrudgingly lifted her head to look at him, "Surely you thought up some ideas by now."

She heaved a long, tired sigh and that was enough of an agreement, "I did... but I'm not liking my options."

"Oh?"

"Well, more like option," she released another drawled out breath, "I figured that I first need to speak with those guys we saw the other day. They said they were in a gang called Red Bullet, right?"

"They did say they were in a gang, but I don't think they were lying that they don't know much," the tall male said, "Trust me, I think all the gangs around here probably heard of the rumor."

'Rumor?' She thought but realized that that was probably the reason Rindo was after these guys.

"They might not know much but the... captain? Was it?" She questioned more to herself as she wasn't so sure that gangs had a ranking system in the first place, "Might know more."