Chapter 45: Cinnamon Girl

"I'm sorry I didn't know how to help you then, but I know how to help you now, (y/n)."

—~—

Third Person POV

Rindo never ran so fast in his life.

Because what do you mean gangsters were after his girlfriend?! After wasting time in that stupid gang in promise for her safety, some stray delinquents go and pull some shit like that? If he ever sees that Hanma or Kisaki guy again, he'll make sure to break a bone or two. Or maybe all 206.

'Shit, since Friday?! It's been two days then!' He thought, his feet were barely hitting the ground as he barreled past the people on the sidewalk, 'I swear— if you come back to me dead, (y/n)...'

He didn't want to think about it. That the stubborn ass girl he met back in April was defeated by some delinquents when she picked a fight with the most notorious one: himself. She couldn't go down so easily, she wouldn't. Not with his brother, not with Red Bullet, not with Shibuya Shadow— hell, he already suspected it's that fashion designer that was out to get her, Kagami or something like that, to pull something like this. He already knew firsthand that none of those people were enough to take her out.

Or at least, that was what he would like to think. All the signs pointed otherwise. All he wanted was for her to answer one text or call, but she didn't even so read it. She wasn't even in the right state of mind to worry about somebody out to harm her, which concerned him a lot more than he would like.

"Ran!" Rindo shouted at his phone once the 'click' of the call notified him that his brother answered.

"Hm? Are you done being whiny?" Ran jeeringly asked on the other end.

"Not the time. I need your help," the younger one urgently stated and pushed people aside to get inside the train station.

Some were about to protest until they saw who it was that rudely barged by. Rindo nearly glared daggers at them. He would've snapped at them if it weren't for the gravity of the situation.

"What is it?" Ran immediately changed his tone after picking up the seriousness exuding off his younger brother.

"(Y/n) was targeted by some guys from Valhalla."

"What?"

"I need your help finding them," he explained. As the rumors go, they could call up a hundred men with a singular call and he had no doubts he could find the perpetrators, "They have something of hers that she needs."

"Wait, where is (y/n)? Is she good?" Ran asked.

"I'm not sure, but I know she'll be fine. It's (y/n)," Rindo grinned, but it appeared more forced as if he was trying to reassure himself, "I'll text you where to meet up once I find her."

"Okay, I'll let the guys know."

Rindo nodded despite his brother not being able to see him. He merely ended the call and impatiently tapped his foot during the train ride to the hospital whilst people stared at him in the corner of their eyes. Whoever was on the other end of a Haitani brother's wrath must be goddamn delusional to be on their bad side.

Once the doors opened, the blonde unhesitantly sprinted out of there. A ten minute walk to the hospital turned to five, and after a few twists and turns, Rindo made it inside the building and ran to the receptionist. The poor lady was scared out of her mind.

"Is there a (l/n) here?!" He exclaimed. His violet eyes held a hardened stare almost like he was out to murder someone.

"S-Sir, you will be escorted out of here if you cause a commotion—"