13 - Past's Guilt and Love

Anirudh strolled happily back towards Tulsipur sitting on Tonga. With a relief as If a burden heavy as a stone was removed from him. A little smile reached his lips of satisfaction. After all, he ended up with something which wasn't meant. The bitterness which grew for more than two and a half decades, a new ray of hope was enlightening in it. Thakuma forgave him! And she invited him for a feast at her place! It is much more than he expected.

He felt chilled in his spine when he stood on her doorstep. She was holding a Rifle in her hand. With a scrutinising glare on him. Soon all the members directed their visions on him. A look of anger was clear in Rimjhim and Shoumik's eyes.

She whacked her Rifle's bottom with a peek at it. Whether it was full of bullets or not before descending steps up to him.

She kept her Rifle below his cheek, in his neck, making his head fall backwards with her obduracy.

Sumati gasped with fear. If he died, perhaps she never gets to meet her daughter again.

Anirudh rolled his eyes as he slowly kneeled over the stairs in front of her.
"Thakuma", he said in a confiding tone. "Why are you here?", She mercilessly poked the tip of her rifle more onto his neck. "What do you people think of yourself? What wrong we did to you Zamindaars? That... that you always end up throwing the raven of disgrace on us", her voice turned a little weak with agony yet with frustration.

"I am here only to apologise. I know my ways were wrong. But I didn't have any option left" He managed to say.

"I know you are only here to make me remember that I lose... and you", She fisted her hold around the weapon.
"You won!" She screamed making him shudder abruptly. "Even... Even after doing all the things with my family, our Izzat...you aren't fulfilled Anirudh RoyChoudhary", Kalindi Das gritted with her teeth. A rage of trauma and hurtful accidents floated in front of her eyes.

"No Thakuma" he uplifted his head.
"I am not here to make result announcements of any game. Neither I was. I am here just to mend the bitterness of relation. The bitterness of my Bondita's both families relations" He stood while saying this.

With widened eyes, she gnashed whilst saying, "Firstly,
Don't take her name. Secondly, Fit this into your head Lost bets and hospitality of traits-- Are not in Kalindi's morals".

Rimjhim meanwhile, slowly murmured in Shoumik's ear, "Go and inform the police. Just because of him my daughter suffered... I want this boy behind the bars".

Thakuma added further, "Two options you have. Either run out from Krishnanagar before the fire or Run out of life after I fire". She aimed the tip right over his head.

"I have informed the police. You can put me behind bars. But, without you accepting the apology. I'm not leaving", He finished saying.

"Fine" She huffed, focusing the rifle on his forehead. Anirudh closed his eyes.

She breathed deeply and deeply.
Was this the man who one's came to her as Roopa and became her
Mishti Meye. Was he the man after whom her granddaughter was a nun? He even received ruthless injury for Bondita several times, who wanted her granddaughter to fly high even if something happens to him.

Having built-up rage for the nephew of the one who ruined her life. And for the person who eloped Bondita from her marriage leaving merciless taunts of society her behind. If he wasn't wrong at his place then where she is?

The thoughts made her mind vague and her hands shivered all of a sudden out of panic. She wanted to blast something insanely. Her eyes peeked at the flower vase behind Anirudh and she fired.