40 - Uncertainty of his heart

"A sky away from his reach,
another just an illusion,
yet all he wishes for is his freedom
but doesn't try for it"

"A sky away from his reach,another just an illusion,yet all he wishes for is his freedom but doesn't try for it"

"I missed you in small pieces,
in small moments,
of which the pearls of my memory are strung."

●|🍁|●

The fear of the past strikes her thoughts. Just as once he promised to return to her and didn't, is he going to repeat his actions today? Is he only going to make decisions for both of them because he is the elder in this relationship?

Do her emotions and heart hold no significance?

"Contacting her family might be challenging. Perhaps I should call her caretaker"

She blinked nervously as she tried to comprehend everything with sanity, but it only made her feel even more restless and insane.

The words of Ms Margaret, along with his, unknowingly caused a surge of pain in Bondita's fragile heart. She couldn't help the tears that brimmed up in her sparkling honey-brown doe eyes.

She took a deep breath before her gaze wandered around the entire wardroom, eventually settling on the door.

It's been longer than anticipated, and he still hasn't returned yet.

She doesn't want to believe it, but his changed behaviour, attitude and words don't permit her mind to deny it.

"I'm not going to sleep now or in the same bed"

"I am a bad omen"

How could he? Is he still restraining her? After all this time, even when just a few moments ago he said that he missed her so much. Did he really miss her, or was he just saying empty words to console her fragile heart?

Because all this time, if there's anything she has waited and longed for, it's him. Him!

If he stopped in his tracks today just because she had an accident, then she's glad to have broken her leg. At least now she might get the answers to her questions.

She isn't able to discern why his eyes and words don't align with the truth. Why is he becoming like that mystery she can see bare, but can't unravel?

But she wasn't aware of his dilemmas, his miseries. She wasn't yet strong enough to know about his nightmares, insecurities, and helplessness.

A bird, trapped inside a cage, possessed wings and a voice. He was a prey, longing for freedom. One day, a little child, driven by pure compassion and kindness, approached the bird to offer help. With a tender heart, the child opened the gate of the cage, hoping to release the bird from its cruel confinement. The bird desired to gather the courage and soar away from this tormenting prison. However, each time he caught sight of the master, fear shook him to the core. Worries of potential harm to the innocent child or himself haunted his thoughts. He couldn't bear to bring darkness into the life of someone trying to bring light into his own. Every time the child succeeded in unlocking the cage, the bird yearned to take flight, but the sight of the master paralyzed him with fear. Trapped in an endless cycle of insecurities, he remained unable to spread his wings, love, and freedom across the vast sky.