24 - Different Him

This is the last chapter I wrote before 2022 and before the leap as well. So get this chapter at least 45+ likes and 25+ comments. It's such a small target c'mon friends you can
do it!
--

Anirudh isolated himself in his Study room. His knee up to his chest, securing some warmth to endure the wrath.

Tears rolled down his cheek.

The complication increased more as the condition went critical.

He searched in his pocket to see her picture. But it wasn't there. It pierced his heart. He... Never felt this empty.

He took the small photo in his hand. And shut his eyes.

"Sakhababu" Bondita placed her hand over his shoulder. He watched her in disbelief.

"What happen Sakhababu?" She thinned her brows, wiping his tears off. Her doe eyes questioned him.

He cried holding her hand, "Listen, I am sorry. I am sorry Bondita", she watched him bemused. "I...I just wanted to mend things between all. I went t Krishnanagar b-but see I ruined everything... Everything"

"I shouldn't have taken family along to DasBari". She caressed his head. "Two families... Two families lost their precious things. I didn't do anything to the car. I don't know how it blasted", He explained crying like a baby. She too cried listening to him.

"But Thakumaa... She d-didn't do good to us. She mixed poison into our food. You know Sampoorna, she is pregnant. I-If something would have happened to her then what answer I would have been left with?", She shook her head, lightly touching his injured arms and face. Tears fell down her cheek. He sobbed. She cupped his cheek. "Nothing... You did nothing wrong Sakhababu".

He punched his jaws. "Such a disgusting man I am. Neither I became a human nor a good son.
Not a good RakshakBabu, behind my back women, gossip random things about you... About us. And I couldn't do anything. In each step, I have failed".

"I will do. You can't take so much", She kissed his palms.

"Look how unfortunate I am?! I can't even die. I can't even finish this useless life of mine cuz who will take care of my family then?".

"And what about me? You assume me this strong, that I would be able to survive after you?" She yelled between her cries.

He shook but cried. She stood up while he gazed at her with puppy eyes. "Never... Never think that. You are the most amazing person on the planet I got the fortune to meet" She cupped his cheeks again. "You are my Shikshak Babu, Birristera Babu, Patibabu, RakshakBabu, RakshasBabu, SakhaBabu, And what not. How can Bondita's Birristera Babu think these negative things? Don't You Dare! Don't You", She pecked his cheeks. And engulfed him in a tight embrace.

Sobbing, his hands reach to gig her back. She creased his back and head, kissing his head in between.

"I won't talk to you" She broke the hug scowling into his eyes. "I won't!", she huffed and ran out of the room.

Anirudh opened his eyes in an attempt to catch her but the room was empty just like his life right now. He glanced at the frame in his hand.

He was hallucinating! It was a hallucination.

"I can't take this anymore" He murmured rubbing his tears. He stood and walked to the telephone booth in his study. He dialed the London Hostel.

"Hello! Hello," he spoke in haste. "I am A-Anirudh Roy Choudhary. Can You call Bondita Roy I mean Das. I need to talk to her it's urgent!".
--

"I will fall, Anu" Bondita tried to balance her weight over the roller skates as she tried to roll on the floor.
They were in the hostel's backyard.

Shyama shook his head. His innocent friend came into that mischief's trap.
Celicia merrily looked at Bondita as Anurag standing beside her make sure of her comfort. He frowned.
"Are sandwiches moving here and there? Why are you looking at him?" He huffed.

"It's adventurous to do that. I like these things a lot" She exclaimed.

"Don't like standing and talking to me. Anyway, You need to focus on your studies. Your marks are depleting" He said sternly.

"Oh stop being my mother. I like these things more than studies" she nonchalantly spoke. He pouted.

She turned to him and noticed his pout. "Okay, we will study. You teach me. At least, I would be able to achieve passing marks", She told holding his arms.

"It is slippery" Bondita exclaimed. "Hold my hand," Bondita asked him. Anurag ran and held her hand.

"Are you okay Miss?" He asked.

"Take your skates with you. It is such a dangerous task".

"If an amazing girl like you will fit these in her feet of course it will get slippery by your aura" He flirted and launched on the floor, helping her take out the skates.

As she got free. "Bye," she said and strolled back inside the hostel. Through the reception area.

"Mam it's u-urgent, can I talk to her?" Anirudh begged on the phone with a gloomy voice.

"Yeah, you can. Just hold on" the Receptionist retorted softly.

Meanwhile, Bondita walked through the area to reach her room.

"Bondeeta" the Receptionist halted her. "You have a call from India", She told her.

"Call for me" Bondita covered her mouth with joy. She jumped whilst clapping.

She ran to yank the phone however all of a sudden she became nervous as she took it in her hand. Was her Sakhababu on call?

Summoning audacity, she spoke on it, "H-Halu, I mean Hello"

Tears rolled off his cheek. "Hello, Sakhababu" with an overwhelming heart she said but he hung up the phone immediately leaving her perplexed.

Sampoorna watched him from afar. Her eyes first-time wet out of condolence. A motherly affection dropped her eyes. Till she got the news of her pregnancy she was just Sampoorna but this news somewhere changed her. Because she saw this boy-- who first gave her the title of mother. Sampoorna Maa.

She drowned in so much envy of nature that she ruined so many things.

Coming out of her thoughts, She slowly moved to him. "Anirudh", called her.

He looked at her with concern and a gloomy face. "A-are you okay? Any problem within?" he panicked.

She shook in no. "Is any problem with him? Is he?" He enlarged his eyes with scary possibilities.

She again shook and handed him a letter. She kept her hand over his head, "May God provide you with strength. Stay strong always... Son", She said softly and left without meeting his gaze.

After she left, he unhurriedly opened the letter. And what he read in it raged his blood even more. She closed his eyes and took a sharp breath.

"From now on they will see a different person" He muttered to himself.

He glanced at Bondita's photo. And Gulped before turning his face away.
--

Even if you didn't vote the whole time, do vote on this part. Next would be a post-leap chapter❤️

Happy New Year to All🎉✨