48 - Love from afar

They started evoking emotions in you that you never knew but always

Hope but not to the extent that it starts erasing your motive, and prevents your actions

●|🍁|●

"Yeah, and you're the love guru," Shyama mumbled, giving him a forced grin.

"Obviously!"

"So, love guru, enlighten us with your wisdom. He's tremendous at that," Celicia clapped her hands in mock.

"Of course, my lovely students. After all, that's why I'm here!" He sat on the empty stool near her bed.

"Love, ah love. It truly is a labyrinth of emotions, isn't it? So love guru answer my two questions. What shall I do with the fool who persists in flirting with my female friends and me?" Shyama crossed his arms over his chest.

Anurag, the wise sage of the group, leaned in with a contemplative air. "If the scoundrel is crossing boundaries, Shyama, a swift and well-deserved punch may set him straight. And if his flirtations are innocent, why not engage in some banter? They say a little flirting is good for health. So, reciprocate and watch the magic unfold. Now, on to the next quandary.", The girls chuckled.

"And how does that boy speak of love and matters of the heart when he's merely matured and unemployed? We are here to evolve, not to waste time. It doesn't suit him. Doesn't that make him feel cringe?" Shyama muttered in frustration, feeling the weight of societal expectations bearing down on him. Love and emotions seemed irrelevant compared to his aspirations to make a meaningful contribution to his country and ensure his parents' happiness.

However, the destiny is too brutal. It shows the period in life we have least expected.

"Well, Love never ceases at the boundary of age or maturity. It's found in those pure, unfiltered, raw moments of emotions. It's found in the simple gestures of care--someone asking if you've had a meal on a hectic day, or offering a comforting shoulder in times of need, holding hands. Not being sympathetic or empathetic when you are injured but applying ointments on your wounds. That's Love. It nurtures the soul and transcends the boundaries of occupation and status. And no, it doesn't have any connection with employment or else your mother wouldn't have spare a glance at someone who is so peculiar", Anurag's sharp rebuttal left Shyama stunned.

"I-I am peculiar," Shyama mumbled, offended.

"Yes," Said Anurag curtly.

"We're here to evolve. To get better with education. To contribute to our country, yes, but to become better individuals first. You'll find people ready to lift guns, bombarding cities and villages. Our education and knowledge are more powerful tools than any force. That's our weapon. To deliver our thoughts to millions of people. But firstly, our own thoughts need to be better,"