42 - An unknown innocent torture

Happy Dussehra✨

Now was the time, and he was the moment

Now was the time, and he was the moment. She was the fragment of time that was unfurling within him, leaving a lasting impact.

(▶️Play ~ Jab koi baat, it somehow suits the situation so well)

●|🍁|●

"Sleep beside me. I guess it's my bedroom for the next few days,"

Anirudh blinked as he looked at her and heard her request. She was now a teenager, growing into a young woman with a fully developed body, yet he couldn't forget that she didn't fall into the category of a kid in front of society.

But she's Curious and innocent, like a kitten.

"We... I can't sleep next to you, Bondita. It's not right," he informed, hoping she'd understand.

"Why?" Her sweet voice questioned him.

"Uh, because... because you're grown up now," he responded, shutting his eyes.

"So?"

"So, it's just not appropriate. In a few minutes, the nurse will be coming to check up on you. What would she think if she saw us sleeping together?" he explained slowly, so she could comprehend his words.

"What would she think? You're my visitor for tonight, right? That's what they say. And who are the visitors? Family members or close ones. They're here to take care of the patient and ensure their comfort. And I don't feel comfortable alone," she said, coughing softly at the end with her groggy voice.

"Tch! You're not grasping my point, Bondita," he said, helping her drink water from a spoon.

She frowned. "Then make me," she demanded.

He exhaled deeply & cleared his throat. "Listen, you're a teenager. Your body is developing, and it has already developed to a certain extent. Secondly, you're physically weak right now. What if I accidentally rolled over you in my sleep?" he lied, trying to find a plausible reason. In reality, he barely slept at night, and he didn't even have his sleeping pills here to rely on.

"And thirdly and finally, I am a boy. I'm not your father, brother, or certainly not your husband," he reminded her.

But you will be one day, she quietly thought to herself, hoping he wouldn't be interested in another girl.

"Foremostly, You would never roll over me, even if you're sleeping like some 'Kumbhakaran'. You're very much conscious in your sleep, at least for me. It wouldn't happen intentionally or unintentionally. I guarantee it. I trust you," she said, and a warm feeling spread inside his chest. He clenched his teeth, ignoring it.

"Secondly, the nurses are here to work, not to worry about our relationship status. Since when you started worrying about what they will think?" A frown reached her lips. "Their shift will be over in the morning anyway. And lastly, you slept next to me even when you were a grown-up boy, so why are you denying it now that I'm a grown-up teenager? You were able to do it then, but now I can't? That's partiality" she huffed.