17 - Father's Love

"Kaka, If you aren't interested and coming only because Anirudh Dada forced, you need not come. Either I will accompany you", Somnath advised innocently when Trilochan Babu was being impatient to depart for KrishnaNagar.

"Hehe Som" Laughed Trilochan babu awkwardly.

"There is nothing like that beta. It just that... that- yes, I am the elder of this Haveli so my presence would be notable and", Kaka leaned to his ears and whispered "I would like that she will serve hospitality to me. She had really tortured us a lot", He elucidated with a flushed face.

After all Kalindi Das, His ex-fiance of old young days invited him and his family after a long hatred, how can he forfeit the resort? She was vicious but still his unforgotten old tune.

Somnath gave a forced smile as he didn't get it exactly. Neither he was eager. He was newly got committed to the medical textbooks. His engagement ceremony was held when he held a stethoscope in his neck for a trial. He had a lot to survey with his better half. Batuk was not with them it was making him even more bored. Little Zamindar gave a defence of visiting his friend's birthday party. After all, he was horrified by Bondita's DaakuMaa.

Bihari on the other hand, Scanned everywhere but wasn't able to figure out Anirudh. With his last thought, he urgently surged to the Mandir. And unexpectedly spotted him --Joining hands and with closed eyes.

"Maa. Please compel everything to happen well. After so many decades this family hatred is ceasing. I wish as she comes back, she gets this surprise", he prayed.

Bihari halted his prayer and asked him to come with him as Kaka called him. They will get late.

"Okay. You go, I'll be there in one minute", Anirudh told resuming his prayer.

"Hurry up Anirudh!", Kaka shrieked from the Living Hall.

"The old bachelor is so desperate to meet the old lady, Wow!", Sampoorna grumbled in a low voice. Though, Somnath heard.

"What are you mumbling, Maa", Somnath asked weirdly.

"Nothing Beta. You're looking very nice", She gave an excuse.

Somnath galloped his hand on his hair slyly. Perhaps, visiting Rangoon Boosted the charm of his appearance.

Anirudh appeared. "Okay let's go".
"Where you have been?" Kaka demanded.

"Uh, was doing prayer".

Kaka's eyes expanded. He shook his specs a little and said, "Is your mind stuff okay? Since when you became so religious?", he laughed.

"We are getting late'' Sampoorna impeded after receiving an omission from them.

"We haven't clutched your feet. Go and sit in the car, Bahu", Trilochan babu ordered with annoyance.

She was irked. She took big steps outside. Somnath reluctantly followed her.

"I want to drink some water," Anirudh asserted and left for the kitchen.

''Bihari'' He beckoned slowly.
"Have you kept that special one for Kalindi Ji?", He mumbled in his ears so nobody else could listen. "Yes malik, I have" Bihari verified.

And they moved out of the house.

Anirudh poured the water into a glass from the jug.
"Sorry".

Binoy said, walking from behind him. Near the dining hall. Anirudh peeked at him slowly gulping the water down his throat.

Binoy corrected his specs and downed his eyes while adding, "I shouldn't have asked you for the alliance. Were you upset with me and that's why you didn't talk to me?", He looked at him hesitantly. He wasn't someone to feel and express sentiments freely. Fathers are somewhere like this. Hesitant to show emotional side. But they do love their children a lot.

Anirudh's eyes softened.
"I again went in the flow of royalty and business. My Bad", Anirudh shook his head.

"It's not like I didn't care for Bondita or I forgot her. I too miss her. Her endless talks, tarks, her and Batuk's naughty acts. The glint on your face When you are with her. She was the soul of this house. Indirectly completing the voids we had. Friend, Sister,... D- Daughter", He expressed correcting his specs hesitantly.

"I... I won't ask you more for those things. But remember I will ask for your happiness again", Anirudh walked a little closer and wrapped his hands around him. Collecting him in an embrace.

"I wasn't upset with you, Baba", he spoke cheerfully. "You didn't talk to me" he complained. Binoy reciprocated the embrace, closing his eyes. As if feeling his son's warmth after so long!

"Sorry," He said.
"No more Sorries" Binoy gasped. He broke the hug and looked at him. He rubbed his back affectionately while Anirudh peered at him with puppy eyes.

He cleared his throat whilst changing the topic. "By the way, everything done?". Anirudh nodded.

"Last time when you visited that place during vacations. I got to know about Roopa".

Suddenly Anirudh's facial colour seeped out. Once in a try to get Bondita free of her Thakuma and to teach her in KrishnaNagar, he became Roopa, a maid. The Mother of Two lallas, one Lalli and the Wife of a Sick husband.

"Now this time don't come up with another new avatar. My son is Handsome. He looks good as he is", Anirudh downcasted his lashes at his words.

"But..... you must have gotten a picture of that Roopa Rani Avatar. I wanted to see how my son looked. Beautiful?"

"Baba" he huffed incredibly being teased.

Binoy laughed and embraced him,
"God bless you".

Meanwhile, Trilochan Babu while making his dress proper, grinned. He sat inside the car along with everyone. Bihari followed him, he arranged the gifts in the back. Sampoorna and Somnath with tepid faces settled.

All rode to DasBari with a feeling of a fresh start. But was it going to be a fresh start or a dull sequence?
--

Like every other day, Bondita and Shyama cruised through the corridors to reach their class.

But hurriedly.

They were late today!

When Bondita went to his hostel to pick him up early, she saw him throwing up. She asked him to rest at home but he denied it.

"We are late because of me," He said while running.

"Don't talk. We will get more later. It isn't your fault anyway", She asserted.

She held the straps of her school dress when-- Two fasten legs collided with her. She fell to the ground near her classroom.

"Same Class" Anurag exclaimed after wincing slightly in pain as he too collapsed onto the ground.

Widening his eyes, Shyama smacked his own head.

However, he felt something in his stomach as his hand went to his mouth with an urgent need of having wash basic. To throw up.
--

Do comments and tell how it was.
Voting is mandatory if you want an update tomorrow. Get the previous chapter a Like as well❤