43 - An awkward morning

Nothing happened.
And that's strange.

Oh dear, she is so blessed to be in love with this man

●|🍁|●

Bondita stirred in her sleep as the sunlight slapped her eyelids through the window glass. Her eyelashes fluttered rapidly as she saw the nurse changing her saline bottle before scrambling off the room timidly.

Furrowing her brows, she turned slightly and realized that she wasn't resting her head on her own pillow. Instead, she found herself sleeping on his muscular bicep, which was quite nice, but also a bit terrifying since it wasn't her usual pillow.

A small smile appeared on her lips as she observed him, deep in slumber and breathing softly. What thrilled her even more was the fact that he had his muscular arm draped securely around her stomach, while his other hand gently cupped her hand with the IV attached to it.

His breath, like a cool breeze on a chilly day, grazed the base of her neck with each to and fro motion. Goosebumps made their way to her skin, causing her to tremble with a delight. A heat began to build up in her body, causing her heart to flutter.

Rolling her eyes to dismiss the sensations, she slowly took in his peaceful face. He looked so serene and cute in his sleep. Her gaze lingered on his defined jawline, the way the sunlight delicately kissed his chiseled features and enamoured, making him appear almost unreal, like a dream. He looked surreal!

Even in exchange for any material possession, Bondita wouldn't trade the moment she was having with him. Never!

She slowly hugged him, relishing the moment. Her fingers delicately tangled in his locks, massaging his scalp with fervor, and a groan of contentment escaped his mouth.

It was truly a miracle that just a few days ago, she had wondered if she would ever meet him. And now, they were here. In each other's arms. Strangely, in a hospital room, both her leg and head wounded. Really strange, by the way.

She broke the embrace and gazed at him lovingly.

She... is in love. With this man.
Who smiled so beautifully that it put the millions of city lights and gemstones to shame. Who laughed with a sound as soothing as the jingle bells of Christmas, making her heart sway. Who shone so brightly even in the darkest of nights, like a star granting the wishes of weary hearts. Who had a serenity about him, reminiscent of the calm sea waves reaching the shore and then gracefully receding.

Aha! Her heart was the shore. He won her heart every single time, but then he withdrew his hands from gathering her heart in the cup of his embrace.