3 Is Typing...

BY THE TIME NIQUE CAME BACK I WAS DOZING OFF

"Wake up, shawty."

"I wasn't sleep," I grumble rubbing my eyes. She hands me a Dairy Queen bag and a blizzard. "Thank you." We eat in silence as I watch the boring t.v. Her on her phone, of course.

A noise breaks my gaze from the television. Nique had took the top off of her blizzard and blatantly dipped her burger into it before taking a bite.

I grimace. "Ew." But, I quickly shut my mouth and fix my face when she looks at me. It's that stupid glare.

Instead of saying something like, "Shut up before I shoot you," she says, "Aye, don't knock it til you try it." I shake my head but she ushers me. "Try it."

I reluctantly pull the top off of my ice cream before doing as she had done, dipping my burger. I take a tiny bite, my face disgusted. But, it quickly turned to surprise and I took a bigger bite.

"Yeahhh, it's good ain't it?"

I raise my eyebrows as I nod eagerly.

"See, I told you. And you gone make that ugly face at me 'cause I did it. Now look at you. You got ice cream all on yo chin and shit."

I quickly wipe my mouth before taking another bite.

"How old you is?" she asks.

"17, but I turn 18 next week."

"Oh, for real? What you was gone do for yo birthday."

I shrug. "Ion know. I usually spend it with my mom. We sit in her room and eat cake."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"Every year?"

"Pretty much."

"That's boring."

I shrug. "What do you do for your birthday?"

"Shittt," she drags out. "I get litt. Me and my homies go to the club, drank a lil Hennessy, smoke, and at the end, I get me a lil yeah yeah to smash but my favorite part? Gettin' ta eat my cake while she ride." She runs a hand down her face with a smile. "For yo' birthday let me take you out. We can do allat shit and I'll get you a girl."

I smile genuinely. "Nah, I'm cool. I'd rather spend it with my mom."

"Damn, Youn want no biddy in yo lap? You finna turn 18 you gotta get litty."

I shake my head. "That's not my kind of thing."

She stares at me in silence before poking her bottom lip out and nodding her head. "I get it. I respect the love you got for ya ma dukes."