23 Is Typing...

We left the house and the further we drove, the more nervous Nique was becoming

         We left the house and the further we drove, the more nervous Nique was becoming...again. I frowned, staring at the side of her face. What's up with her?

Thirty minutes later, we turn onto a dirt road and I start getting nervous myself.

She drove for a while until I noticed a cut that was lit up. We got out and I held her hand tightly. "Why are we out here?" I ask. I notice the wooden steps that looked freshly placed and the small candles that sat on each end of every one.

           "For the rest of your surprise."

           I cautiously walked up the stairs but when we get to the top, I instantly relax. More of those rose petal's littered the ground, making a pathway  to a baby pink tipi. Three times the size of an average one. Fairy lights surrounded it up in the trees and I immediately hug Nique, putting my face in her chest. I feel my eyes burning and she lifts my head before pecking my lips.

            "Don't cry," she tells me, littering kisses on my neck.

              "You didn't have to do all of this for me," I tell her, my voice shaking.

             "Yeah I did." I shake my head but she shakes hers too. "I'm supposed to treat you. I'm supposed to make you feel special. That's what you told me, right?" I nod and she leads me to the tipi before opening the curtain for me.

"Thank you," I mumble softly before ducking down to go inside. I was greeted with butterfly lights and fluffy grey and pink blankets neatly laid out with throw pillows.

           There was a gift basket with pink ribbon securing it, a bouquet of roses, and a few jewelry boxes.

            Nique zips up the opening, making sure that it was secure before joining me on the soft blankets. She nudged the gift basket towards me. But she still seemed hella nervous and worried.

            I frown, grabbing the basket but keeping my eyes on her. "What's wrong baby?"

          She shakes her head, mumbling, "Nothin'." But I knew it was a lie. I gently grab her chin and brought her in for a kiss, hoping that would make her feel better. She relaxed a little but was still seemingly on edge. "You sure?" She nods so I let it go.

I untie the bow and open the clear plastic. The first thing I pulled out was a Vanilla Coke. I instantly laugh. "I still haven't tried this since you made me drink the regular one." I playfully roll my eyes and she laughs a little. I dig into the basket again, pulling out body butters, soaps, and candles, which all smelled good.

             I then pulled out candy which consisted of sour patch kids, tons of the little packs. That's my favorite candy aside from white chocolate.

             I look to the bottom of the basket and to no surprise, there were 100 dollar bills in place of the little crinkly thin-cut papers you would see in a Easter basket. But that wasn't what caught my attention, it was the little note card with my name written in cursive, Nique's hand writing to be exact. I opened it and it was in the form of a letter. I frown in confusion before looking up at her. She had visibly tensed up and she she picked at her wrist.