8 Is Typing...

I HUFF AS I TAKE A SEAT ON THE crowded couch

         I HUFF AS I TAKE A SEAT ON THE crowded couch. I was at a party with Sammi.

"Come on, Nisey," she had begged me, "I won't leave you when we get to the party."

And now here I was, all alone while she went with her boyfriend to do god knows what. It was Halloween so every single person was dressed up.

Except me, of course.

I just pulled on something and told her let's go. I wanted to get it over with. But, we just got here so I knew we weren't leaving anytime soon.

I squirm a little with a grimace as these people carelessly rub up against me. I would go outside but it's freezing and I dont have my coat. After awhile I couldn't take it anymore and went to the kitchen. It wasn't as crowded. I went straight for the candy bowls. It was three big ones so what did I do? I took one even though I knew I wasn't supposed to.

I was about to walk back out to find an empty room to sit in upstairs when I was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Now why you just take they candy like that?"

I turn around and it was Nique looking at me with an amused face. I roll my eyes, annoyed. Every time I see her now she irks my nerves. I leave the kitchen and go upstairs into the first room I saw. Luckily, there was no one in there.

I went to close the door but Nique was right there. She slipped through before closing it herself. I smack my teeth and walk over to the bed before sitting down.

"What's yo problem?" She asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing."

"So why you acting like that? Rolling your eyes and smacking yo teeth and shit. I told yo' ass about that. And I asked you a question. Why you take they shit?"

"'Because I wanted to."

"Well when you with me ain't no doing what you want. You gone act right in my presence unless you wanna get that ass beat."

"But you came up to me."

"And? You still in my presence, so you gone act right like I said."

I play with the candy in the bowl, avoiding eye contact.

       "What's wrong with you?"

        "Nothing."

"Stop fuckin' playin' with me. You think I'm dumb?"

"I'm aggravated."

She leans on the wall. "Okay, why you aggravated?"

"Me and my friend came here together and she left me to go be with her boyfriend."

"Talking about the girl who be going to her lil boyfriend house?"