18 Is Typing...

Didn't think y'all would get it to 200 within the next five minutes of posting Reading Is Fundamental. Y'all got me😒. Here you go. Might be erros.

            I FEEL WEAK

I FEEL WEAK. MY MOM'S BOARD READ. I had been sitting here staring at it ever since she fell asleep.

Flashback

My mom puts the first piece of cake on my plate with a big smile and I run off with it. "Be careful!" she calls after me.

"Okay!" I sit on the stairs of the playground and eat it while I watch my friends get their pieces. It was my birthday and I was having a great time. We played pin the tail, musical chairs, Simon says, and I have yet to hit my big pink piñata. My hair is styled in bubbles and I have on a big pink tutu, a white shirt with pink glittery words that read: It's my eighth birthday! and pink chucks to match.

            Soon enough, all of my friends were gathered around me, all of us talking and laughing as we ate. They told me how pretty I looked and the sun was setting by the time we finished eating.

            Everyone had spread back out doing their own thing and as soon as my mom called for the piñata, gunshots rang out.

            Everyone started screaming...

    I started towards where my mother was supposed to be but then I froze. She was just standing there, her eyes slightly widened.

She slowly fell forward and I saw the wound in her back. "Mommy!" I cried running over to her. She was the only one over here. With my gift table and banner.

I get on my knees and struggle to roll her over. When I did she was gasping for air. By now there were no more shots and everyone was gone. Sirens faded in and I cried as I stared at her. "Everything will be okay."

Flashback over

I was worried about my ma. Worried because the doctors said this would happen, they just didn't know when: She'd get weak one day out of nowhere and it would be the beginning of her death. I was debating on getting her taken to the hospital because this has happened before, being weak I mean, but she never looked this bad. Her skin was pale and she looked extremely sick.

            I went to wash her plate which recently had a grilled cheese on it and then went back up to her room. She was stirring in her sleep before she slowly opened her eyes.

           "Are you okay?" I ask. She gives a weak smile and presses two fingers against her pulse. I do the same to her neck and realize how weak it was. "Shit!"

I panicked and got Nique. "Somethings wrong! Her pulse is faint."

Nique helped me put her into the car and then we headed for the hospital. I kept checking the mirrors and she was in and out of sleep. I started crying, blocking everything out. I was starting to think the worse.