12 Is Typing...

I SAT IN MY ROOM STUFFING ALL OF my clothes into the biggest suitcase I could find

           I SAT IN MY ROOM STUFFING ALL OF my clothes into the biggest suitcase I could find. It was 8:00 P.M. and Nique said she would be here by 10:00. I still had to pack my mom's things who surprisingly agreed to moving in with Nique.

Flashback.

I sat next to her bed and she wrote on her board. "Why do you look uncomfortable? What's wrong?"

"Nique told me that we had to move in with her."

My mom frowns, scribbling on her board a, "Why?"

"She said some bad things are going be happening and she wants to keep us safe."

"How will she do that?"

"Please don't get mad. But she's apart of a gang. She's the leader who protects our side. But I told her no. I told her that we not living with her and that we can't. She wanted me to drop out of school."

Mom's face doesn't show any kind of worry which confused me. I read her board. "I trust Nique. She's very sweet and responsible. I think it's okay if we do it. And you can homeschool."

My eyes widen. "What?! How can you agree to this?"

"Lower your tone."

"Sorry," I grumble.

"She is very respectful."

That's what you think.

"I believe she could keep us safe. I don't want to be in the middle of a gang fight and I don't want you to neither."

Flashback over.

I still can't believe she agreed to that. I bet if I would've told her how Nique jacked me up she wouldn't want to stay with her anymore.

I was honestly embarrassed. How could Nique put her hands on me and make me look stupid?

           After I packed all of my necessities, I started on my mom's things. Nique told me specifically not to grab anything but clothes and that she would provide us with everything else. And how she's treating me that better include money.

A knock comes to the front door and I frown. Then my phone buzzes.

Nique: come open the door.

Speak of the devil. I leave my room to go open the door and she was standing there looking at her phone. She was typing on it and I just stood there looking at her like she was stupid.

"You ready?" She asks turning it off and slipping it into her pocket.

I shrug nonchalantly. "No. You said that I had to be ready by 10 not 8."