25 Is Typing...

Eight months later

    Eight months later...

           I RUBBED MY SIDE SOOTHINGLY as I painted on the canvas Nique bought me.

Our room door opened and I glanced back to see her walking in with a bowl of fresh strawberries topped with whipped cream.

"You okay?" She asks me as I resume my project.

"Mhm." She comes over to me and I open my mouth for a piece of fruit which she gladly fed to me before wiping the residue from my mouth.

"You in pain?" She asks.

"A little." She places the bowl on the dresser and comes behind me to take my place, massaging my sides and I sigh, closing my eyes and laying my head on her shoulder. She kisses my neck and I giggle, scrunching it up. "Stop."

"You need to lay down," she tells me but I shake my head. "You can paint later bae."

"I'm fine." She says nothing, continuing to rub my sides.

"What is this?" She asks, referring to my work.

               "It's a garden patch. I'm gonna add a ray of sunshine."

                It was quiet for a moment, and then she said, "I'm sorry you can't fa real do the things you want."

               I shake my head before looking up at her with a smile. "It's fine. We have more important things to worry about now."

              "But that's a important thing too. I want'chu ta be able ta live out ya dreams."

              "We'll get to that road when we cross it. So don't stress or you gone stress me out too."

              She kisses my cheek. "Yeah, we'on want that. But once you done with this come to ma office Aight?"

            "Yes. Can you wait for me to finish?"

              "Yeah." She grabs the bowl of fruit. "You want some more?"

             I nod and she places it back down. I watch her head for the door and I pout. "Where are you going? Are you upset that I want the fruit? You can have it back."

              She laughs. "I'm jus goin' to make me a bowl."

             I frown. "We can share."

           She shakes her head. "It's okay. I want'chu ta eat."

           "Hurry up." Once she comes back I say, "play the game."

            She chuckles. "Why?"

           "I don't want you to leave no more." She turns the tv and console on before turning on 2k. She played while I finished up my painting and then I left it to dry. "I'm done."