19 Is Typing...

"FIX YOUR STANCE NISEY," Nique corrected me as I threw jab after jab at the pads  on her hands

            "FIX YOUR STANCE NISEY," Nique corrected me as I threw jab after jab at the pads on her hands. My body was throbbing and my legs felt like they couldn't hold me up any longer. I was tired and ready to go home but she insisted I stay.

                My punches got weaker and weaker and soon I completely stopped, hunching over to catch my breath.

              "This exactly why yo ass needed ta stay in the gym. I let'chu off and now you slackin'."

               "Let's jus' go then," I snap looking at her. "Makin' me do this not gone make me no better. If I'm tired how I'm gone improve?"

             "Cause you gone keep pushin'. We not goin' no where until you do as I said. Let's go."

            I smack my teeth but stand up right before throwing my hands up.

             We pull up to Wendy's, my request, to get breakfast and we get their French toast sticks, mine with apple juice, her's with orange

"You're disgusting," I tell her.

"Mind yo little ass business. I ain't clownin' you 'bout that tangy ass apple juice you keep drinking every time you take a bite."

"Who drinks orange juice?"

"Who drinks apple?"

"Sane people."

"So I'm not sane?"

"Nope."

"You right. Cause when I'm in that puss—"

I shush her. "Oh my god shut up." She cackles.

"Stop playin' with me," she tells me, "Cause we ca' go back and fourth all day like we lil kids."

"That's your problem," I mumble.

"Says the one who likes to stomp her feet and pout when she don't get her way."