9 Is Typing...

I STOPPED HANGING AROUND Karsonique after that weed incident and I haven't seen her since; it's been three weeks

My mom would ask about her by writing on her board but I'd just tell her that she's been really busy. I don't like lying to my mom but if I told her what happened at the party she would freak out. She doesn't condone drugs as much as she doesn't condone guns. I still have that gun in the back of my closet. I haven't touched it since I put it in there.

Mom and I were watching movies while we ate chocolates and caramel drizzled popcorn. It was her specialty and Luckily she passed the recipe down to me before she became permanently bedridden.

There's a sudden knock at the door.

I look at my Ma and then the clock with furrowed eyebrows. It was pretty late, so who could that be? I tell my Ma I'll see who it is and go to the door before looking through the peephole. It was Sammi.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

She looks frantic. "Girl, I need to talk to you, like now."

       "Why didn't you call first?"

A black car with tinted windows slowly rides passed and fear shocks me. I quickly pull Sammi in before slamming the door shut.

"I'll be back," I say. I go tell my Ma that it's just Sammi and that I'll be in the living room with her.

Sammi was peeping out of the window and she looks back at me once I approach. "What did you see? Why did you snatch me up like that?"

I sigh as I sit down. "I saw a car driving passed. On some creepy stuff. And it's been happening for two weeks now. Even sometimes when me and you walk to the corner store, I notice different cars with tinted windows riding by as if their stalking me."

"Maybe that has to do with what I have to tell you..."

"What do you have to tell me?"

"Word on the street our rivals planning on shooting our block up again."

I swallow hard. "How do you know that?"

"My boyfriend told me. You know he in a gang and stuff."

"Oh..." Maybe distancing myself from Karsonique wasn't a good idea.

     "Come with me and my boyfriend?"

      "What?"

       "He can keep us safe. We'll go to the trap until all of this blows over. He'll give us rides to school and make sure nothing happens to us."

       I quickly shake my head. "I don't want to go to no trap. You know I'm not into all that stuff. And chances of getting killed is higher there."