24 Is Typing...

We're at the point where votes don't matter anymore but they're still appreciated. 🤍

          "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL," I GUSH TO MY MA

          "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL," I GUSH TO MY MA. "Look at the ring!" I flash it and she smiles.

              It's really nice.

              I was sitting in her hospital room while I told her all about the things Nique did for me as well as all of the gifts she bought me.

            That's really thoughtful of her.

            "I know! I couldn't believe it when she surprised me. I felt so guilty. I thought she was cheating."

           My ma shakes her head. Far from that.

          I frown. "What do you mean?"

           She asked me for permission to take your hand.

            "So you knew..." she nods and my jaw drops. "Wow. And you just played it off. I was so upset when you told me it may not work between us."

               I had to make it believable that I knew nothing.

               I just grumble. "I guess we're okay. Here."  I hand her the Kit Kat from the bag that I had in my lap.

Thank you. How's Mr.Colby?

"He's good."

Flashback

"I'll be right quick," I tell Nique before getting out of the car. I walk into the corner store and Mr.Colby's eyes widen with a smile.

"Nisey?"

I smile. "Long time no see."

"You're right about that! How have you been? You just disappeared on me."

          "Long story short, I got shot that same night I came to get milk and ended up in the hospital. Some random woman, who's now my girlfriend, took me there and she's been helping me ever since, with money and housing and all."

             "You got shot?! Oh my, you could've died! I remember hearing those shots but I didn't think you were involved."

             "Yeah, but aye, I'm fine."

             He shakes his head. "This is exactly why I didn't want you to take this job."

               "Well, luckily for you I don't need the job anymore. My girlfriend has been helping me with stability. Me and my ma."

            "And who exactly is this girl?"

          "Her name's Karsonique but she's known as Nique."