I'll show no mercy

Chapter 28

I do not own Naruto or Highschool DxD

The train ride to Kyoto was almost nearing it's end as nothing big or dangerous happened on the ride over. Madara was in a train cart by himself as he was looking out the window while everyone else was in the cart ahead of him doing their own thing. He took this time to himself to think on how he could improve his fighting skills and potential to even greater heights.

He knew that if he needed to become the Sage of this world, he would need to gather an enormous amount of power like all of the Tailed Beasts back in his world. The Tailed Beasts were incredible creatures who had astounding power, but in this world the Tailed Beasts don't exist. Madara knew he was strong in his own rights and held a lot of influence, but those alone won't do him any good against beings who far outrank him in power and influence.

He brought a hand to his chin and started to think deeply. Gaining the power of the Sage of the Six Paths won't be an easy matter since he knew that the Old Man wouldn't just hand it over to him, but he needed to find a way to gain power that even surpasses Heaven itself.

He looked back over and saw a person sitting in front of him that he didn't even recognize as he was staring back at him with a mischievous smile. Madara only looked back at him with a serious look in his eyes. "Who are you?"

The man in front of him pointed at Madara casually. "Madara Uchiha, I'm practically you. You are my reincarnation as you can see that your power and eyes all came from my bloodline. I know deep down you still have that hatred that burns bright inside of you when your brother died." Indra said.

Madara got a good look at him as he saw that he was wearing somewhat similar clothing to that of the Sage of the Six Paths. "You must be Indra then, I hearany stories about you, but it's finally good to put a face to the image. Besides, you don't know what hatred or power I hold within myself as you know for yourself that you and me are nothing alike even if I'm your reincarnation." Madara said casually.

"How wrong you truly are, Madara. We are similar in many different ways as the methods we use may be different, but at the very least we still are the same." Indra said as he activated his Sharingan.

"You are merely an illusion that has manifested from my head, or it's that Old Man's doing as he want's me to see something behind this little phantom of the past." Madara said.

Indra shrugged his shoulders. "I may not be real, but I will always be apart of you until the day you truly die. I on the other hand will keep on being reincarnated. Although my long and never ending battle with my brother ended with Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha. I know you want to obtain the power of that of the Sage of the Six Paths and become a God among this world, but I believe that will take some time to obtain." Indra said.

"A ghost of the past is trying to tell me the obvious about obtaining the power of the Sage? How amusing."

Indra rested his leg over his knee as he rested his elbow on the edge of the window with his head on his hand. "Aren't we both ghosts of the past, Madara? The world you lived in has moved on and has been peaceful ever since. The Madara Uchiha that everyone feared has merely been forgotten in this world that Naruto and his friends have created. You and me are nothing but phantom since from the very beginning. You and all my other reincarnations were all forgotten as my brother Asura was always the one who led the people forward to a better future." Indra explained to him.

"You are right, I am nothing but a ghost of the Uchiha. I may have been forgotten to time, but after dying and having Hashirama show me how people can make their own future and bring hate, suffering, and pain to an end if everyone works together is something that even us ghosts can even achieve." Madara said.