be free

Chapter 38

I do not own Naruto or Highschool DxD

The endless void in the distance along with the swift and precise quietness that floated all around Madara felt rewarding that this type of quietness and peace could be obtained if they continued their pursuit of removing creatures of evil and corruption.

Madara took a minute to view his battle with Lucifer to see the aftermath of their chaotic dance. The Horsemen of Death, Samael, and Lucifer were nowhere to be seen. It was odd to him that the three of them had unique powers that no person alive would easily be able to destroy because of their history and the devastating power that backed them up.

Trying to stand toe to toe with monsters like them was something he was used to. The difficult part wasn't being able to fight them or have different fighting prowesses, but it was always the cunningness that anyone would pull off to sneak in a cheap strike to shift the balance of the fight.

Not knowing much of Lucifer's powers and abilities did bring a heavy downside to using the right approach against him. If there was one thing he could see in him was that he was almost similar to Lucifer in a way. They were both eager enough to use cheap attacks to quickly end things instantly. Seeing how Lucifer would have sacrificed his whole race if he so wanted to achieve victory wouldn't be out of the question.

In ways, Madara would have done the same thing that would have killed his followers. But with how things have changed drastically for him throughout his new life, he couldn't do just that to everyone who has supported and followed him across this great journey to where he is now.

In some twisted way, Madara saw Lucifer in the same light as himself because of the troubled past they both shared because of their ideologies and philosophies. They were both ghosts in a sense because of their different minds.

"What's troubling you?" Ophis asked.

"To think that the life on this planet supported a person like Lucifer still confuses me at times. Seeing this much death brings back memories of my wretched battle with my friend and the whole world. But seeing how Lucifer operates makes me think if we were any different, to begin with." Madara simply wondered.

"Why would you be the same as Lucifer? You are doing something grander than any other person would be able to achieve in their lifetime. Uniting a world, removing tensions from multiple factions, and even proceeding with the process of actually trying to make a world of what you dream of. If anything, you are complete opposites from another."

"Maybe... But I have so much hate within me that hearing that bastard ramble on about how this world deserves to be extinguished makes me want to just obliterate the entirety of Hell and all of its inhabitants."

"I know that feeling all too well when Great Red took my home from me. Don't hold back that anger of yours because I am the darkness that will absorb all your pain and sorrows. Don't let that hate drive you in the same direction as Lucifer. You are my light, don't extinguish that burning passion for simple rage outbursts like Lucifer usually does when things don't go his way."

Madara let out a chuckle that led to full-blown laughter.

"What is so funny?"

"Do you honestly think of me having a short fuse?"

"With the way, you were thinking and talking, it did sound like that."

"It would seem that we both don't know a lot about the other. Even being intertwined seems like all the answers aren't there."

"If that is so, what did I get wrong then?"

"My humble dragon, I don't throw tantrums like a child because only children do that, which in turn, are not taken seriously. What I hold inside of me isn't anything complex or childish. My clan can hold a grudge for the longest time because we Uchiha never forget what scars us or leaves us close to dead. The Uchiha are destined for revenge, so this feeling that is boiling up inside me is nothing more than burning abhorrence."