Fighting Soul

Chapter 36

I do not own Naruto or Highschool DxD

In an empty colossal void of darkness, Madara's eyes slowly opened up before seeing that everything around him was pitch black. He looked at his hands and body to see that he was no longer in his Six Path's form. He was back to his usual self. When he touched his chest, he was able to tell that he was cold, like extremely cold. This feeling signified that he was dead. A feeling that he has experienced multiple times in his time of travel.

Even in death, he could feel his spirit fighting within the Infinite Dragon God. Madara raised his head before contemplating his own life. He chuckled at everything he has gone through. The life he lived up until now. The friends and allies he gathered were the symbols of light towards the world he always wanted.

He found it funny how in death, he finds that the simplest of answers were always right in front of him. His life was nothing special since he yearned for battle. Thinking back, Indra was right about everything. He was nothing more than a story to tell children and their children. He was the Ghost of the Uchiha. Kuroka explained to him that even being a forgotten figure, he could recreate the Uchiha clan in this world to be stronger, smarter, and even more diverse than the previous one.

Madara clenched his fists. He had to admit that she was right. This world he lives in needs a guardian to watch over this world. Even if he can't, this new Uchiha clan could change the world entirely.

Her words seemed to paint an image in his head that made more sense to him. If he were to have descendants of his own, then this reality he lives in now could be forged in a path of absolute tranquility. If everyone sees him as a God, then it would mean that his descendants would be acknowledged and be revered as holy beings.

"What are you thinking so hard about, Madara?" Indra asked.

The Legendary Uchiha remained still for a second before turning to face his predecessor. "It just seems that I can't escape you wherever I go. Even in death, you are still being projected. In some ways, you are more like me than I like to think."

"What would you expect? You already know that we are inseparable. I am you, and you are me. The reincarnation of Indra Otsutsuki, my reincarnation. So, no matter where you are, I will always reside within you."

Madara smirked. "No matter how much I want to deny it, but the thought of death was always lingering in the back of my mind. It was a thought that I would have enjoyed and welcomed with open arms. I walked on a very thin line between life and death for most of my life, but that line meant nothing when the rules of life and death were broken. When the dead can be reborn to live again may be a blessing to some, but once you constantly cheat death, it becomes a reality that you become quite comfortable with. For truly that reality... Is a Hell."

Indra's expression dropped. "Out of all my reincarnations, you might be the only one that I truly feel a real connection towards. Sasuke may have held the same hate I had, but you... There is something about you that not even I can deny."

"What would that be?"

"You have never spewed any lies to anyone. Even in combat, you have stated facts that many people would deny because of their beliefs and upbringings. These beliefs that you have come to know and stand by have significantly changed our very view of life itself. We were never truly understood by anyone. My brother, Ashura, Hashirama, and Naruto were the only ones who understood where we were truly coming from, but those ideals and goals we stood by were squashed in the end."

"We were nothing but puppets."

Indra narrowed his eyes when he heard that.

"Our clan, our lives, and our free will was nothing more than a tool for Black Zetsu. Our whole life was driven for one purpose. The revival of Kaguya." Madara said as his anger grew when thinking about Black Zetsu.