Chapter 2.

LISA

“Boss, you want to talk to me?” I was confused entering Mr. Lee’s office. It’s not likely for him to request my presence if I don’t have the latest scoop in my hand.

“I’m getting straight to the point, Lisa. The company is not doing well and we have to trim down or resources—”

“Am I getting fired?” I cut him off before he can continue.

“I’m sorry, Lisa. You’re one of the best, I’m not gonna lie. But you're still a junior and quite have a lot of opportunities ahead of you. I have to consider your seniors first.”

I sighed. I have nothing else to say. Getting fired every year? Seriously?

Is there something worst than that?

“But I can give you a recommendation.” He handed me a calling card.

“Kim Publishing Corporations?” I squinted reading that very important detail.

“I heard they were looking for a new staff. You can try with that.”

“I don’t think so… I just photographed the CEO-slashed-Chairman, kissing with G-Dragon. Then we’re releasing an article soon about her sister and the chairmanship, thanks to me. It will be weird if I will go applying to that company.” I explained.

“No worries, Lisa. That company is big. It’s not likely for you to walked pass the Chairman. Besides, you sign a non- disclosure agreement in Dispatch. They will never know it was you who photographed them.” Mr. Lee re-assured me.

“Thank you Boss.” I forced myself to smile. It’s the only thing I could do to console myself.

Sometimes I wonder who cursed me to get this unlucky. It’s like the universe is against me.

I took all my things from the office and surrendered my I.D. Badge. I also scrapped all the files and raw pictures I have taken while I’m still working in the company. It’s part of the contract I signed when I hired here. No information will be disclosed the moment I leave Dispatch. I also surrendered all my equipment and cameras since all of it is company issued. I left the office with a heavy heart and walked back to my apartment so I could think.

I missed my parents back in Thailand but I have to work hard and try my fortune here in Korea so I can send more money to them. I never said I was fired twice already because I will just worry them. I keep sending money to them whether I have a job or not to the point that I can’t even pay the rent. I received quite a lot of bad mouth from my landlord but he still let me stay regardless. I guess he understoods.

I was back in my bed staring at the ceiling while holding the calling card that my previous boss gave me. I was having seconds thoughts whether I should take the opportunity or not. I mean, who am I to be choosy, right? I’m broke and desperately needed a money right now. Though I got my back pay from Dispatch, It’s not enough to survive for a month.

But I got to be careful though. Kim Corporations is a huge company to messed up with. If I still get fired in there, then I’m done.

“Am I really this much of a failure?” I said to myself covered myself in a duvet. Then I started sobbing until I fell asleep. I’ll just start the job hunting first thing in the morning.

:

:

1 Week Later

I’m in front of my computer reading emails from the companies I applied for. I didn’t take considerations in applying in Kim Corp. and decided to apply in other companies instead. So far, all my applications are rejected. I’ve already spent too much on transpo and allowance everytime I’ve got an interview but they all have the same reponse.