Chapter 33.

JENNIE

It's past midnight, but I'm still wide awake and alone in my bed. Lisa still sleeps on the couch and refuses to talk to me.

Earlier today, GD's company released an official statement that he and I are dating. They took my word in the meeting seriously and I couldn't take it back anymore. Of course, it didn't go well with Lisa; she came home reeking in alcohol.

I get up and wear a night robe going to the wine cellar to have myself a glass of bourbon. I need something to help me sleep and think. I decided to stay on the balcony while finishing my drink, but to my surprise, Lisa was already there drinking again.

"Lisa, that's enough." I spoke softly to take her glass but she refused and moved aside to avoid me.

"I understand why you act like this. It's my fault. But please, let us talk."

She didn't respond.

"Lisa, it's only in the news. Nothing will change how I will treat Jiyong. I won't talk to him and I won't go out with him anymore."

"Lisa, if you want to shout and yell at me, just do it. I can't take your silence anymore. What else do you want me to do?"

"Can you make the media know the truth?" she suddenly spoke calmy leaning on the rails.

"Y-you mean us? Lisa, I don't think it's the best for you. I don't want the media bombarding you. Remember the last time?"

She sighed. "I'll stay in my old apartment. I called my landlord and my unit is still available. I'm moving tomorrow with Aria."

"W-what do you mean you're moving? And with Aria?" My brows arched. I'm still processing what she just said.

"I'll still work for you. You'll see me in the office tomorrow." she was about to leave but I blocked her way.

"Lisa, can we just talk about this? You don't have to leave."

"So you want everyone to know that you're dating GD but you're still living with your secretary? If you're gonna lie on media, Jennie. Live with it." she said sternly and get me out of her way.

I felt a pang in my chest and it pinched me in so many pieces. I ran after Lisa holding her from behind. I locked my arms around her waist and begged her to listen.

"Lisa, please don't leave me. I'm just afraid that if I introduce you as my girlfriend, people will hate you. You know how the boards looked down on you when I once confessed. Please... Stay... Please. Please." I cried on her back but she tried to removed my hands off of her.

"You think I didn't looked down on myself whenevwr I see you with someone else that is much deserving for you? I hate it!" she shoved my hands and continued walking away.

"I'll pack tomorrow after work. I will still come at your office." she added.

:

:

"Yow! Jendeukie. You summoned me. Why?"

"Unnie. I need your help. Lisa wants to leave me." I stood up from my swivel chair and brought Jisoo in the couch.

"Is this because of your dating issue with GD?"

"Yes. In fact, I even took my daughter with me here. She's upstairs in the penthouse. Just in case Lisa will try taking her from me." I massaged my temple in frustration.

"Uhm... I think Aria is still Lisa's sister so she has the right... To take her?"

"Unnie!"

"Why don't you just tell the news that you're really with your secretary?"