Chapter 36. [TW]

[Trigger Warning!!!]

Contains Sensitive Scenes

:

:

"Aria... Aria... Come here."

"It's you! I told mom it was you. You're the bad guy."

"I'm not a bad guy. Your mommy knows me. I'm your grandpa Franco's friend. Remember him? Call me uncle Eunwoo." A man wearing a suit and a red scarf is peeking in the window of the apartment, convincing the young girl to come with him.

"I'll make it up to you. You want me to treat you an ice cream?"

"Lisa told me not to get out."

"Hmmm... Don't you trust me? Don't you know? I brought you in the hospital when you collapsed. I was worried because you ran away from me. But I'm just trying to make a new friend."

Aria heaved a sigh. "Lisa will kill me if I get out."

"It won't be long. Lisa will never know you left."

"Promise?"

Eunwoo nodded and made a pinky swear from outside the window that made the little girl laugh.

"Okay. Make sure you'll get me back or I will call my mom."

"No problem."

Aria was convinced to get outside and left the door unlocked. She holds Eunwoo's hand as they walk towards the ice cream stand far enough that they get into the busiest street in Seoul.

"Pick a flavor." He said.

"I want a mint chocolate."

"What a weird kid." He chuckled.

"One mint chocolate for her and One strawberry for me, please." He told the vendor and paid.

"I really thought you were bad, uncle Eunwoo. You chased me in my school. I told my mom about it and she told me to stay away from strangers."

"But I didn't chase you. You immediately ran away, so I followed you, but you collapsed. I'm really sorry, though." He bop her nose.

"I have asthma, that's why. Don't worry, I'll tell my mom, you're not a bad guy."

"Thanks."

"Here's your ice cream, Sir." The vendor gave them two cups of ice cream with the flavor they ordered. Eunwoo and Aria then walked on their way back to the apartment while licking their own ice cream.

"How's Lisa? Why you're not in the penthouse? I thought her and Chairman Kim lived together." Eunwoo asked, trying to get information from the girl.

"They might have fought. I saw Lisa packing our clothes. She looks so upset." Aria pouted, licking the spoon.

"So it's Chairman Kim's fault. Will she visit you tonight and get you back in her penthouse?"

"I hope so. And mommy was never at fault. It's just.... I don't know." The kid huffed.

"You're too young to understand that, Aria."

The two stopped at the sidewalk while waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. Aria is distracted eating her ice cream while being towered by the crowd, waiting to cross the street. The light turns green and people begin to cross in haste. However, the kid could only make small steps and couldn't keep up with people around her until the light turned to red. The crowd disappeared leaving the girl standing halfway in the crossing, blinded by the lights coming from the cars of both directions.

"Uncle Eunwoo?" Aria then realized that the man she was with, wasn't on her side anymore.

:

: