Chapter 47.

LISA

"What happened?" Jennie brought me inside her office and worriedly offered for me to sit on the couch after I told her that I had to go back to Thailand.

"My father is in the hospital, Jen. My mom said some men kicked them out of our house and burned the farm. Dad fought back, and now—

"My mother needs me. She's old. No one else will take care of them." My voice cracked.

"What?!   Wait.   Who did that?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. Probably someone who's just bored with life."

"Can I ask for a leave? Just a couple of days." I added.

"Hon, you don't even have to ask me that. I'll come with you." She held my hand tightly. But I refused.

"No. The company needs you here. I can handle it."

"Are you sure? I'll talk to my staff in Thailand about helping your family there. As soon as I had everything fixed here I'll fly all the way there."

"Thank you."

"And Aria?"

"I'll bring her with me." I rubbed her cheeks, assuring my woman that we would be safe.

"Be careful, okay? Call me if you need help."

"I will."

Jennie placed my head on her shoulders and then circled her palm on my back.

"I'm so sorry, Lis. But I think I may have an idea who did it. Or rather, who ordered to do it in your family?"

I lifted my head to face her, waiting for her to continue.

"I have my staff looking after your family in Thailand. They just called me earlier to say that there were suspicious people walking around your house a couple of days ago, so I have them checked. I just confirmed that they're Korean and Franco's men. I think he did it to your family right after I put him in jail. I'm so sorry. I should've thought about it sooner."

"No. No. No." I palmed her face. "It's not even your obligation to look after my family, but I appreciate it." It's not your fault, Jennie. Don't blame yourself."

"Franco is in jail now. I'll serve you justice. I promise." 

"Worry about your company and your family. Let me handle mine."

She nodded, curling her lips into a smile. Then I lean in to kiss her forehead.

:

:

The next day, Jennie accompanied me and Aria to the airport. We will fly on her private plane to Thailand. She also paid for my father's hospitalization and a hotel for them to stay in temporarily after our house was destroyed.

"I'll follow you there." Jennie refused to let go of my hands as we stood facing each other on the stairs of the plane.

"Don't worry about us. Take care of yourself, okay? I'll call you every day."

"I will miss you, mom." Aria butted in. She's cute carrying her Hello Kitty backpack, given to her by her auntie Jisoo.

"Me too, baby. I will miss you." Jennie kneeled to level with her and then gave the kid a tight hug.

"Bye, hon."

Finally, I gave Jennie a peck on the lips to bid her goodbye.

"See you soon, love." She responded before we parted our hands.

:

:

Buriram Provincial Hospital

After a few hours of flying, we finally arrived in Thailand. We stayed in the hotel that Jennie booked for us and my mother. And then, after we got ourselves ready, I left Aria with Miyeon to take care of her. My mother is still in the hospital where my father is admitted, so I went there to let them know I had arrived.