Chapter 54.

Few months ago

Singapore

"Sir." A man rushed inside the office, finding his boss sitting in the swivel chair.

"What is it, Eunwoo? Have you fixed my appointments going back to South Korea?"

Franco is busy reviewing the papers on his desk, not noticing his secretary, who was panting to see him.

"By the way, I have a sudden meeting later with the prime minister. Please cancel all my appointments that will block that. I have to show a good impression to the leaders of Singapore."

"I'll take care of it, sir."

"Good."

Franco proceeds with reviewing the files, but his secretary is not yet leaving his office, making him confused about facing the latter.

"Is there anything else?"

"Sir, I heard a news about Jennie Kim."

"Okay...  Go ahead."

"Jennie Kim has a new secretary."

"Hayyys! There's nothing new to that, Eunwoo. No one could bear that brat for long. I don't see why James has to let her manage the company. It's clear that Irene is a lot more capable of doing it."

"Anyway, if that's all you have to say, you can leave my office now." The old man shooed his secretary, but the latter insisted on continuing.

"Sir, the new secretary is named Lalisa Manoban."

"Lali—" 

"Manoban?" Franco cut his own words, standing up from his swivel chair, shocked.

"Did I hear that right? You said, Lalisa Manoban? Is Jennie Kim's new secretary?"

His secretary nodded.

"Tell me. It's a different Lalisa. It's not the one that I knew, right?"

"It's the Lalisa Manoban from Thailand that you knew, sir."

"This can't be a coincidence. Does one of them regain their memory? I won't allow it. Jennie will ruin everything I worked for if she remembers. And that Thai might trigger anything on her head. I can't let them be together." Franco whispered to himself as he massaged his temples to relieve himself from stressing out.

"Sir?"

The old man shook his head to get back to his senses, then turned to the latter.

"How long has it been since the new secretary started working with Jennie?"

"I just heard it early this morning, sir."

Franco's face was uneasy, and he clearly couldn't concentrate at work after hearing the news. After his secretary left his office, he made a phone call to Korea. Specifically, to someone who is working at Jennie’s company.

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Arwind Choi." 

"Mr. Yun. Why do I owe you the pleasure?"

"You've been dealing with Jennie Kim for a very long time."

"Sir?" 

"You didn't get the promotion James promised because he gave the chairmanship to his daughter, preventing you from becoming a president."

"Aishh!  That brat."

"I have a proposition for you, Arwind Choi. How about you mess up Jennie's reputation in the company?"