Chapter 56.

LISA

Bangkok, Thailand

[Door Knocking]

"Lisa! Hurry up!"

"We're coming!" I shouted at the top of my lungs so Miyeon could hear me and stop knocking on my apartment.

I was rushing to put Aria's lunch box in her bag and fix her uniform before we got ready to leave.

"Let's go, Lisa. P'Miyeon might break our house."

"No, she won't." I patted Aria's head and opened the door, revealing Miyeon's face, fuming at me.

"You've got to buy a car if you keep getting late like this."

"You know I can't drive." I grinned, trying to tease my best friend.

"Aishh!!"

Me and Aria moved to Bangkok, where I got a new job as a photographer. I insisted on leaving the kid in Buriram with my parents, but Aria doesn't want to separate from me. Instead, I moved Aria to a public school in Bangkok, where I dropped her off and picked her up every day.

Miyeon helped me move into our apartment now, which is just next to her unit. Every day, she drove us to Aria's school and, after, to my work.

"Wait!!! I need a ride too!"

As we hurriedly get into Miyeon's car, a skinny man is running behind us to stop us.

"I'm getting late at work. Please give me a ride."

"Not for you, Bamie. We're full." Miyeon stopped the man by hardly pushing his chest and glaring at him.

"B-But..."

"You can sit next to me." Aria was smiling from ear to ear, inviting the man to the backseat.

"Oh! Thank you, Aria," says the man. "See. Even the kid has more compassion than you."

"Just let him pay for the gas, Miyeon." I spoke, dragging the two bickering adults along because we were getting late.

"Aishh! You're lucky you're Lisa's friend." Miyeon sighed defeatedly and rolled her eyes, letting Bambam inside her car.

Bambam also moved to Bangkok and lived in the same building where our apartment was, but his was a few units away from ours. It turns out he was fired at Dispatch. He is one of those who got laid off after Jennie Kim sued the company for stalking her. I honestly felt bad for Bambam because I knew it was my fault, and Jennie must've hated me until now.

Speaking of Jennie  I haven't heard anything from her for more than a year. She never answered any of my calls and didn't reply to my emails. We lost communication and haven't heard any news about her. Not even the company or Franco. I guess they've made everything private now. I miss her so much, and I know Aria is looking for her too.

Aria is turning eight in the next few weeks. She's always asking me if Jennie called us back, but I kept hurting her feelings by saying 'no'.  She hates me sometimes because I refused to go back to Korea. It's not like I don't want to go; I just don't know what's waiting for me in there anymore. Jennie will still hate me for sure, and I might get in trouble after almost killing Franco.

"We're here."

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Miyeon stopped in front of Aria's school. Me and the little girl get out of the car while I carry her bag to walk her into the gates.

"Behave, okay?"

"I will."

"And no punching." I warned her.