Chapter 17.

LISA

This must be the worst heartbreak ever. And she isn’t even my girlfriend.

That was so dumb of me to think that she will fall for someone like me. What am I even thinking? I’m just a farmer’s daughter from Thailand who tried her luck in Korea to earn money for her family. While Jennie Kim is the richest woman in Asia.

I know the obvious facts but why does she treated me so much? She made me feel loved. She showed me her real self apart from being arrogant. But why?

Why Jennie Kim? Why?

I was still in my bed hugging a pillow while sobbing. When she left me on the cliff, I was so confused. Everything seems fine. She’s sweet, clingy and she kissed me like she loves me. But instead, she said ‘I’m sorry’.

I have no idea what goes wrong? She made me fall for her and now she left me hanging. Is there something stopping her? Was someone is against us being together? Or she just tricked me and was never serious for me? I want to know. I have so many questions.

I woke up early with my eyes being swollen from non stop crying. I thought of not coming in the office today but that was unprofessional. I get ready and prepare going to the office as usual but I didn’t use my motorbike and commute going to the building. I have a thought of giving her everything she bought me including the bike and the designer clothes.

I still bought her a breakfast but dropped it on her desk instead of getting inside her penthouse. I believe going there is beyond my job and might just be one of her tricks to made me feel special.

I proceed to my desk to check my emails and the Chairman’s appointments like what an actual secretary do.

“Are you alright? You looked gloomy today. Does something happened?” Chaeng asked.

“No.” I shook my head and continue to look at my computer.

“Okay.” She nodded.

“Oh! In case you forgot. The chairman will be in the studio later this afternoon. She’ll have an interview.”

“Should I need to be there?”

“Of course. You’re her secretary.” Chaeng noticed me fidgeting. “What’s wrong? You seemed to be excited whenever you're coming with your boss.”

“Nothing Chaeyoungie.”

“Hey! I’m just here when you're ready to talk.” She tapped my back and assured me.

:

:

I went to the Chairman’s office to remind her her schedule because she's already 10 minutes late on her first meeting.

I knocked her door and she let me in.

“Chairman.” I bowed without averting from my iPad as I'm on a verge of crying the moment I saw her. “You have a meeting at 8 and the boards are already asking if you’re coming.”

“I already asked my sister to attend on my behalf. Inform the boards.” She said looking at the documents on her desk.

She acted like nothing happened to us. She doesn't care. She looked like she has nothing to explain. I'm so dumb. I really am.

“I’ll inform the boards chairman.” I bowed before leaving the office.

I walked hurriedly in the nearest restroom and locked myself in the cubicle. Luckily no one is inside so I cried out without anyone hearing me. It’s just hurts when she ignored me. I felt played and used. It hurts so bad. I should’ve took a leave.