Chapter 49.

LISA

"Amnesia?"

"But she didn't forget you? She's completely fine." Irene added.  She was flustered after reading Jennie's medical record carefully.

"She's fine.  And it's better that way."

"Lisa.  Who are you exactly?" She stepped closer, squinting her eyes at me.

"I met Jennie when we were in college. We fell in love, got married, and were about to start a family."

"So, not only you share resemblance on Jennie's wife.  You are Jennie's wife."

I nodded.

"That old I.D. I saw of her. It now makes sense." She furrowed her brows, realizing

"But, why would my father try to kill you?" she added.

"I'll tell you everything." I breathed heavily before telling her what happened.

:

:

FLASHBACK

"You can do this. I'll be on your side." Lisa held Jennie's hand, giving her the courage to call her parents.

After Lisa's parents agreed to process baby Nini's adoption, the Thai has been constantly encouraging the feline to tell her parents about what Franco did. Jennie was obviously scared, but she was eager to put Franco behind bars and make him pay for what he had done.

"What if they wouldn't believe me?"

"You have to try, Jen.  They are your parents. They would know if you were lying."

"Okay."  Jennie breathed heavily before pressing the call button. The phone rang, and it didn't take long until her mother answered.

"Jennie?  Sweetheart, you finally called. How are you?"

"Mom...."

"James, come here.  It's Jennie."  Steps can be heard as her father approaches to answer the phone.

"Jennie, we missed you here, sweetie. How's college?"

"Dad.  I have something to say." Jennie spoke weakly.

"Alright.  What is it, sweetie?"

"Dad."  Jennie's voice cracked and she was about to burst out crying, but Lisa held her and caressed her back. 

"Uh... U-uncle Franco—"

"Franco?  He's here, sweetie. We're in the office right now.  Would you like to talk to your uncle?"

"No!!! Dad.  He—"

"Jennie."   Franco spoke over the line. He grabbed the phone from Jennie's father, cutting him off from speaking.

"Y-you...."  Jennie's voice trembles as she hears the terrifying man once again. She couldn't continue speaking, so Lisa became curious and turned the phone to loud speaker.

"Jennie.  I missed you too, young lady."  Franco spoke loudly so her parents could hear. 

"You raped Jennie!" Lisa yelled over the phone and stole it from Jennie's grip.

"Shut your mouth, kid.  Or I'll slit the throats of Jennie's parents here," the man from the other line whispered in answer to the Thai.

Lisa couldn't utter a word; instead, she turned to Jennie, who clearly heard everything. The latter shook her head, telling Lisa not to argue with Franco for the sake of her parents. However, Lisa's rage engulfed her body, and answered Franco back.