Chapter 55.

JENNIE

"Are you sure you're alright, Ms. Kim?"

"It's just a few scratches. I'll be fine." I assured my doctor after she finished patching me with bandages on my head and arms.

I was brought to the hospital with the help of bystanders who rescued me after the car crash. My injuries aren't serious, and that's not the least of my worries right now. It's the memory I just regained.

"Jennie!" I heard my mom's shaky voice rushing to get inside my room.

"Jennie. Oh dear! Sweetheart. What happened?"

"I'm alright, mom." I stood up from the bed where I just rested to show her that I'm beyond fine, and that's when she hugged me tightly like she was going to lose me.

"What did you do? I thought you were in the office. Baby, your sister is still not waking up from a coma, and I can't afford to have my other child be in the hospital again."

"I just needed to think for a while, mom. That's why I left the office. But I told you. I'm alright."

"Just make sure you'll take care of yourself, okay?"

I nodded, convincing her to believe me.

"Sweetie, have you read Lisa's letter?" she averted.

I hummed in response.

"Aren't you going to do something?"

"I am, mom." I looked at my mother seriously. "I'm going to make it right."

"Then why don't you go to Thailand for a while? For sure, Lisa and Aria will be waiting."

"I want to settle everything here first. I want to make sure my family will be safe the next time we are all together."

"What do you mean, Jennie?"

"Can you please get Detective Lee Sunmi for me, mom?" I took a deep sigh before I could continue. "I think I can release my side of the story now."

"Jennie?"

"I remembered, mom." I spoke, and tears started dropping from my eyes.

:

:

Kim Publishing Corp.

"Jennie. You wanted to see me?"

I welcomed the detective into my office and had her seated on the couch while I stood up, leaning on my desk, to face her.

"By any chance the news got to you, I got into a minor accident." I said it before she could ask. The bandages on my face became obvious enough for anyone to notice them.

"Your mom told me."

"How's Irene, by the way?" she added.

"Still in a coma." I shortly answered.

"I'm sorry."

"She'll make it. I know she will."

"So, what do you need me for?" She squinted her eyes, waiting for an answer.

"My accident earlier triggers my memory."

She was taken aback, and I saw her eyes grow larger in surprise.

"That was great, Jennie. I mean, I'm sorry that you have to go through all of those horrible things again. But you can finally get justice for yourself."

"I'm ready to give my statement."

"Okay, I'll be recording everything and making a report about it, so we can send it to your lawyer immediately." She got her recorder ready, placing it on the center table. Then she carries a pen and a piece of paper with her.