Chapter 51.

IRENE

I flew back to Korea as soon as I learned the truth from Lisa. We both agree that Jennie will never know a thing. And it's up to Lisa to decide if she will ever tell my sister the truth about her not having amnesia.

The moment I stepped foot in Seoul, I didn't waste any time and proceeded to get a sample from my father and Jennie. I went to the mansion first and took Jennie's comb to her room while she was still in the office. Then I went to visit my father in his penthouse. I cooked him some food, pretending to care about him. But I just need the spoon he used to get a sample.

I went to a laboratory, strictly ordering high confidentiality on the DNA test. I kept the samples anonymous to protect those who are involved and specifically stated to only give me a copy of the results.

I couldn't eat properly or sleep while waiting for the result. I'm still hoping that Lisa only made a mistake and that it's not the memory that Jennie has forgotten.

I hope my father didn't really do it.

I keep running those thoughts through my mind. Because if it's proven true, I don't think I'm still able to forgive him anymore.

:

:

The next day

"Ms. Bae.  We finally have the results."

"Get this check. Like what we agreed. You keep your mouth shut." I threatened the medical attendee as I gave him a piece of paper with 1 million won written on it.

I rushed to the laboratory as soon as the medical technician called. I wanted to see the results firsthand.

My heart is beating fast as nervousness dominates my whole body. I read the results carefully and asked the technician to confirm them for me.

"What does it mean?"

"It says that Sample A is a child of Sample B and Sample C."

My body weakens. I anticipated the results, but it hits differently when you hear it yourself. Both hatred toward my father and compassion toward my sister are alternating through my emotions. I guess I'm completely wrong about my father. He will never change. He's much worse than I thought.

I put the results in the envelope and left the laboratory in haste. I've decided to put this all to an end, so I took my phone to call an old friend and told her to meet me privately.

:

:

"It's so sudden. Why did you want to see me?" a woman uttered as soon as she got inside my car. I insisted on meeting this way while I parked on the rooftop of the building where no one else could see us.

"I need your help." I handed her the envelope which confuses her to open.

"What is this?"

"DNA test."  I answered shortly.

"I want your help to arrest someone for sexually assaulted a woman."

She was confused, arching her brows as she opened the envelope and read the test.

"How will this help, Irene?" 

"Assault.   Sunmi.   Someone I know was sexually assaulted and had a child out of it." 

Sunmi is a friend of mine from high school. We only separated in college, when I attended a business school and she chose the academy to become a police officer.

"Irene, as much as I wanted to help you, I'm afraid I need more than this. I mean, what's the relationship between these samples? Who's ABC?" 

"I'm protecting those people. Can't you help with just that?"