Chapter 57.

LISA

Bangkok, Thailand

"Has mom responded yet?"

I shook my head, looking at Aria. She stopped eating her dinner just to ask me.

"Can we call her again?"

"Sure. Maybe later? After we eat, okay?"

I was thinking to call Jisoo or Irene so they could tell Jennie that there's a family day event at Aria's school, and her presence would really make the little girl happy.

"Does she hate us still?"

"Hey! She only hates me, okay? Only me. She misses you too, for sure."

"Then why did she never answer back?"

"She's busy. You know a lot of things happened before we left, right?"

She nodded.

"Just finish your meal. I'll see what I can do to bring your mom."

"I hope she can still forgive you."

"I really hope so."

"I just want us together on family day. I'm sick of my classmates telling me I don't have real parents."

"You have parents."

"But it's just you." She retorted.

"No. See this ring?" I showed her my left hand, where I have our wedding rings. "Your mom and I got this on our wedding day."

"Don't lie. I know you just wanted me to feel better. We left Korea before you two got married."

"I'm not lying."

Since we moved out, I have told Aria the truth about me and Jennie getting married and how we adopted her in the orphanage. I told her that me and Jennie were together even before she was born, but her mom had to leave for work. However, she never believed me.

"Whatever."  She shrugged her shoulders and continued eating.

I still wonder where she got her trust issues.

:

:

***Dialing***

I waited until Aria fell asleep to make a call in Korea. I still have Jisoo’s number saved on my phone and I am hoping that it is still active. I never reached out to Jisoo since last year because I still felt guilty for lying about forgetting them.

Jennie's personal number has been deactivated since I called her a year ago. I only have the office number to reach her, but it is always picked up by someone else. She never answered any of my calls or let me hear her voice.

As I was waiting, it took a few minutes of ringing until finally someone picked up from the other line.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"J-Jisoo unnie?"

"Lisayah! How are you still alive?"

"What?!" I got nervous. "Am I in danger? Does Jennie want to kill me off?"

"Yeah. That's exactly what she said. Anyway, how did you know?"

"Aishh!!! She's still mad at me, isn't she?" I breathed happily before I could continue.

"I am really sorry for lying to her and to you as well, Jisoo Unnie."

"Wait. Hold on. What are you talking about?"

"Uh, about lying about having amnesia?"

"No. That's not why Jennie wanted to kill you."

"It's not?" I frowned.