Chapter 41.

FLASHBACK

Kim Publishing Corp.

"Another scandal, Jennie?! Seriously?! This is the third time in a month. And no official statement on your side?" the elder sister massaged her temples to relieve her frustration on her younger sister.

"Those are not true. And there's nothing to explain."

"Then just release an official statement. It's not that hard!!"

"Why would I?" Jennie continued to reason with Irene as her dating scandals became so bad that it even impacted the reputation of their company. "That's a perfect PR stunt right? Then we get more sales. Easy."

"Letting yourself photographed kissing G-dragon? How far are you going just to make it look real?" The elder continued lecturing the younger. "How much of a slut do you want people to see us, huh?!"

"In my defense, it was GD who initiated the kiss. I was caught off guard and pushed him right away. The photographer is just good at angles to make it look intimate." Jennie explained, throwing her hands in the air and slouched back in her chair.

The two continued arguing and Irene was getting more stressed on how reckless her sister was in handling her issues. Their father called her from States to fly to Korea and talk to Jennie, because the new Chairman wasn't taking care of her issues very well. The investors are starting to doubt the professionalism of the new chairman and it is affecting the reputation of the company even if it is doing well in the economy.

***Ring. Ring.***

Shortly after Irene left, Jennie's personal phone rings with her father's caller ID. "Not again." she sighed in annoyance before answering.

"Jennie! Another issue? If you won't take those men seriously, then keep it a secret. I don't want the name of my company getting stained because you can't commit to one guy. People are calling you a slut. I didn't raised a slut."  he scolded his daughter.

"Dad, calm down. I have everything under control."

"It doesn't look like it's under your control. Your mom and I are stressing over it. Confirm your relationship with Mr. Kwon. It's the only solution to stop these rumors. That poor man has been pursuing you for a long time. Stop waiting for your non-existent wife—"

"James stop!!!" Mrs. Kim cut his husband off that Jennie clearly heard on the phone. That triggered the chairman to immediately end the call.

Jennie breathed heavily to calm herself as she was reminded by the pain of losing her wife once again. After she recovered herself from depression, she was able to divert her mind to office work. Her busy schedule and constantly dating a guy unseriously, helped her forget her wife. Her family were aware of her situation and never mentioned anything about it in front of her. Which ruined her mood when she heard her father mentioning it.

After getting back into her trance, Jennie picked up her phone and aggressively dialed an anonymous number.

"Boss." The other line responds.

"I have a job for you. Get inside Dispatch and tell me who's that photographer who keeps stalking me."

"Wait. Wait. Hold on, couz."