Chapter 30.

LISA

"Are you alright now?" I asked Aria while we're walking at the park.

She nodded while licking her ice cream. Jennie told me to treat her while she and Director Irene are talking about the company.

Aria got discharged from the hospital the same day and the doctor said she's fine. Of course, Jennie paid the bill. Even I insisted to pay, I couldn't argue with her.

"Where's mommy?"

"She's with Irene, kid."

"Are you going back to Korea?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Can I come?"

"You have school, Aria. And I have a job."

"But mommy said, I can come."

"Jennie is busy in Korea. You know she has a company right?" I bent my knees to level with her as she started sulking and crossed her arms.

"I'm a big girl now. I can take care of myself."

"Aria—"

"Why can't you two just become my parents?" she cut me off and hugged me tightly.

I was caught off guard when she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Kid, are you crying?" I heard her sniffed and it breaks my heart. Though I treat her like my little sister, she's also the closest I can have as a daughter.

"You promised you'll take me to Seoul."

I caressed her head for comfort. "I'll see what I can do."

"Lisa!"

My head turned and got my attention to the blonde who just called me.

"S-sorn? Is that you?"

"Yes! oh my god! I haven't seen you for a long time." She approached me for a hug so I tried to let go of Aria but she asked to be carried instead.

"Is this Aria? The little girl your parents adopted?"

I scoffed. "She's a bit moody right now."

"Oh! It's alright. So how are you?" Sorn asked. She's one of my collage friends that I'm really close to.

"I'm good. Just stayed here for vacation."

"With your girlfriend right? Minnie told me."

"Yes, with my girlfriend."

"Ugh! I really thought you'll end up with Diana." she rolled her eyes.

"No. I have to prioritize my work back then."

"I know. But at least she's better than that brat."

"Huh?"

"Anyway, I'm actually with Diana. She's right there buying a cotton candy." she pointed at the vendor and there I saw a tall and white skinned woman.

"Still pretty right?" she added smirking.

"Y-yeahhh...."

"Too bad you already have a girlfriend. Why don't you introduce her to us? Let's see which one is better."

"Sorn." I called her sternly.

"I'm sorry..." She raised her hands in surrender. "I don't mean to. But at least you're not dating that brat anymore."

"W-who?" I'm confused.

"Nevermind. It's better not to mention her name."

I squinted my eyes. I really couldn't follow what Sorn is talking about. But my mind averted when a beautiful lady called me.