Chapter 50.

FLASHBACK

One month after their marriage, Jennie and Lisa are living together again with Lisa's parents. They are planning to separate after graduation and rent a small house on their own. They also started buying things for their child.

It was a rainy afternoon. The orphanage already called them the day before so that they could finally get their baby. Lisa was so excited and didn't wait for the rain to stop. She hopped onto the pickup with Jennie sitting in the shotgun seat. They drove their way to the orphanage under the strong winds and heavy rainfall. But the two didn't bother and were too excited about starting their family.

"What would you like to name her?" Lisa was smiling from ear to ear while holding her wife's hand.

"You said you would name her." 

"Hmm. I'm still thinking. How about Ruby or Jane?"

Jennie slapped Lisa's arm. "Yah! not my name. I don't think she deserves it. You know I'm not proud of leaving her at the orphanage. I still regret it now."

"Don't be hard on yourself.  You'll be the best mom."

"Hon?"  Jennie averted, calling her wife.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think she will be a good girl? Won't she get confused if she was raised by two mothers? What if she looked for her... you know, father?" Jennie looked down, whispering the last word. 

"Shhh."  Lisa was quick to shut her wife up. "I will love her so much that she won't need to look for a father.  She doesn't even have to know. We are her parents. Only us.  Okay?"  The Thai leaned forward, giving her wife a peck on the lips.

"After we graduate, I want us to visit Korea, and I want my parents to meet you and our child."

"Do you think they will like me?"

"Of course they do."

"And if you would like, we can stay there longer." Jennie turned her head down nervously, waiting for her wife's reaction.

"You have to be the CEO, right?"

"I still want to have that power. Having money and influence just like my uncle." Jennie whispered the last word, then continued. "I want to put him where he belongs, and he won't be able to bother us anymore."

Lisa just held her hand tightly until the car stopped in front of the stop light. Jennie was thinking deeply and still had her head down when Lisa stole a kiss at the back of her palms.

Jennie turned her head, facing her wife, and looked at her admirably.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They stared at each other lovingly while waiting for the light to turn green.

"There will be three of us when we get home." Lisa uttered.

"We will be a family tonight."

"I love you so much."

Jennie couldn't stop admiring her wife's doe eyes; she removed her seat belt just to lean closer to Lisa and give her a luscious kiss. "I love you so much more.   Eyes on the road, honey," she said, turning Lisa's head toward the road before their kissing could go further.