Chapter 5

Location: The Old West

Hellboy had been walking in the desert for about an hour with no sign of life. He had been calling out for both Mircea & Uatu but to no avail.

Hellboy: I'm in the middle of nowhere in who knows where and no sign of life.

Another hour passes by as the sun has set and it is now dark. Hellboy kept going when he sees a light. He takes a closer look and he sees a bon fire and 2 dark figures.

Hellboy: People? Hello! HELLO!

At that moment, Hellboy passes out. Couple minutes later, Hellboy is awaken by a splash of water.

Hellboy: Huh, what? What happened?

Hellboy sees 2 men standing in front of him.

John Reid: What are you?

Tonto: Looks like a demon to me, Kemo Sabe.

Hellboy: Kemo what? Who are you? Where am I?

John Reid: The name's Reid. John Reid.

Hellboy: You're kidding?

John Reid: I kid you not?

Hellboy: You're The Lone Ranger?

John Reid: Sorry?

Hellboy: And you're Tonto?

Tonto: I am Tonto.

Hellboy: Holy shit! The Lone Ranger & Tonto! Which means that I'm on a different Earth. Fuck!

John Reid: Different Earth?

Hellboy: You've got anymore water?

Tonto passes Hellboy a cup with water in it as he takes a drink.

Hellboy: Thanks, needed that.

John Reid: I don't know who you think I am...

Hellboy: You're the Lone Ranger. I know because I grew up on your stories.

John Reid: Stories?

Hellboy: Oh, yeah. You're a legend. Tonto, too.

Tonto: Me, a legend?

John Reid: What are you?

John Reid & Tonto take a seat next to the fire.

Hellboy: Well, yes I'm a demon. But I was raised by humans. Hell, I'm in the Justice League. But you don't know who they are.

John Reid: You're right, we don't know.

Tonto: Where did you come from?

Hellboy: I'm from Earth Prime, but I have no idea how I got here. Where am I exactly?