Chapter 30

2 Days Later

Earth 217
Location: Evergreen County

It's been 2 days since Kang's defeat. Everything has been restored to their respected realities. The spell that Doctor Strange & Wong casted on Evergreen County worked. No one in Evergreen has any memory of Chronopolis, not even Jessica Davis. After 2 days, Jessica decided to meet with Clay at Monet's about Bryce.

Clay Jensen: Thank you for meeting me.

Jessica Davis: You were the only one who tried to tell me the truth.

Clay Jensen: Are you... I promised myself that I wasn't going to say something stupid like "are you okay" or "how are you doing," because, like, how the fuck do you think, right? But... how are you?

Jessica Davis: How the fuck do you think?

Clay Jensen: Yeah. Do you need to... talk to somebody? See somebody?

Jessica Davis: Who?

Clay opens up his backpack and takes out the tapes.

Clay Jensen: I'll burn these. I'll light them on fire and let them burn until they're... I don't know, melted plastic and ash. It's your call. But if you want to fight... if you want him to pay for what he did to both of you, these tapes can help. They're proof.

Jessica Davis: You want me to tell the whole goddamn world what happened to me?

Clay Jensen: I want you to do what you want to do. Whatever's going to make this better for you, if anything can. But I'm not gonna lie. I want him to pay for what he did.

Jessica Davis: Will he, though? I mean... have you listened to the last tape? You know what happens when girls try to get help?

Clay Jensen: I listened to the last tape. And I think I should pass the tapes on like Hannah wanted.

Jessica Davis: I'd have to tell the police, I'd have to tell my dad.

Clay Jensen: Yeah.

Jessica Davis: I don't think I can do that.

Clay Jensen: Okay.

Jessica Davis: You think I'm letting Hannah down.

Clay Jensen: I think we all let Hannah down. And I think she let you down. So...

Clay puts the tapes back inside his back pack as he gets up.

Clay Jensen: Thanks for talking to me about this. And I guess let me know if there's anything... if there's anything.

Clay begins to walk away. As Clay opens the door...

Jessica Davis: Clay. Don't burn the tapes.

Clay smiles at Jessica and nods at her as he leaves Monet's while Jessica sticks around. Katherine arrives to Monet's as Clay is exiting the café.

Katherine Baker: Clay.

Clay Jensen: Katherine, hey.

Katherine Baker: I'm here to meet with Jessica. She told me that Justin told her the truth about Bryce.

Clay Jensen: Yeah, I just talked with her. I offered to burned the tapes for her, but she told not to.

Katherine Baker: She wants Porter to listen to them.

Clay Jensen: Which is why I'm skipping Bryce and giving it to him.

Katherine Baker: Speaking of which, I heard about Bryce. He's at a psych ward?