Chapter 24

Chronopolis
Location: HYDRA Empire

Once the recruiting was done, it was time for the paragons to surrender. With 10 minutes left till the deadline, Doctor Strange opens a portal as he, Captain America, & the paragons step through and arrive to the HYDRA Empire. HYDRA soldiers have surrounded the entrance to Kang's citadel with the Red Skull & Captain Hydra standing among them.

Red Skull: There they are. Remember the plan, Captain.

Captain Hydra: Yes, sir.

Donnie: That's a lot of soldiers.

The Flash: Guys, remember the plan. Once they let her go, take her back, & open the portal.

Captain America: Don't worry, Flash. We've got this.

The shield is lowered down and the entrance opens up as Ultron comes out with Katherine but he's not alone. Accompanying Ultron are The Shredder, Luke Castellan, Atrocitus, Karai, Green Goblin, Gorr The God Butcher, Karl Ruprect Kroenen, & Ultron bots.

Hellboy: Of course he's not alone.

Ultron: The fragments.

Batman, Hannah, Flash, Hellboy, & Martian Manhunter take out the "Nexus fragments" and present them to Ultron. Karai brings out a box and opens it.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Let Katherine go!

Ultron: Very well. You're free to go, girl.

Ultron let's go of Katherine as she runs towards Hannah.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Are you okay?

Katherine Baker: They have Jessica in there.

Martian Manhunter: We'll get her out. We have a plan.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Go with Cap & Strange. They'll take you back to the Baxter building. Clay is waiting for you. Go.

Katherine does that. She goes with Sam as they pass through the portal.

Doctor Strange: Good luck.

Doctor Strange goes through the portal and returns to the Baxter building as the portal closes behind him. Bepbop & Rocksteady come out with 7 stasis cages for the paragons.

Ultron: In, now!

Batman, Hannah, J'onn, Flash, Hellboy, Donnie, & Buffy all enter the stasis cages as they are now prisoners of Kang.

Captain Hydra: Sir...

Red Skull: Now.

Captain Hydra: ATTACK!!!

HYDRA begins to attack Kang's forces as they begin shooting back.

Helboy: What the hell is going on?

Batman: Looks like HYDRA is turning on Kang.

Ultron: You dare betray Kang?

Red Skull: HYDRA answers to no one other than me.

The shield gets turned back on as HYDRA stops firing their weapons.

Shredder: You'll regret betraying Kang.

Ultron: Take them inside.

Back at the Baxter building, Sam, Strange, & Katherine returned to the lab. Katherine runs towards Clay as they hug each other.

Clay Jensen: I thought I lost you.

Katherine Baker: I'm alright.

Ms. Marvel: Swamp Thing & Man-Thing are in.