Chapter 22

Chronopolis
Location: The Forrest

Doctor Strange decided to bring The Spectre, Star-Lord, Drax, Mantis, Groot, Loki, & Sylvie with him to the forest where a Nexus fragment is located. However, there is a magic barrier that cause the Banatar to crash in Egypt. They arrive as they go through the portal.

Drax: Why aren't we bringing Rocket & Nebula?

Doctor Strange: Because Reed is going to need their help to built whatever it is that could bring this Knowhere.

Star-Lord: And both of them are smarter than you, Drax.

Loki: I get the raccoon and the blue lady staying behind but why bring me & Sylvie?

The Spectre: Mephisto said that there is a magic barrier within this forest. Inside we'll find Camp Half-Blood.

Star-Lord: Camp Half-Blood? What kind of stupid name is that for a camp?

Mantis: Perhaps it's a camp for people that have half a blood.

Sylvie: No. A half-blood is a human who is also half god.

Star-Lord: A demigod? They're real?

Doctor Strange: We exist in a universe where gods live among us like Thor.

Star-Lord: Right.

Drax: And you think we're stupid.

Groot: I am Groot.

Star-Lord: So this magic barrier, is that what caused my ship to crash.

The Spectre: Yes.

They begin to walk around the forest as they begin to look for the Nexus fragment. The Spectre was leading the way when she comes to a sudden stop.

Doctor Strange: What is it?

The Spectre waves her hand as she reveals the magic barrier.

The Spectre: We're here.

Loki & Sylvie both approach the magic barrier as they touch the barrier.

Sylvie: This is strong magic.

Loki: Not sure which gods created this barrier.

Doctor Strange: And we also don't know what kind of demigods we'll be dealing with.

Doctor Strange tries to open a portal through the barrier but the magic from the god prevents him from opening one.

Doctor Strange: The magic is too strong for me to open through.

Loki: It's gonna take more than just mystic arts.

The Spectre: It's going to take the 4 of us to open through.

Doctor Strange tries again to open a portals The Spectre, Loki, & Sylvie join in and combine their magic with Stephen Strange's magic. It was enough to open a portal as they all go through with the portal closing behind them.

Groot: I am Groot.

Mantis: It worked, we're in.

Star-Lord: It all looks the same. I don't see any camp.

Drax: Maybe there is no camp.

Groot: (Sniffing) I am Groot.

Mantis: Groot says that he smells something is burning.