03: The Next Day

The next day, Maalik woke up early, and Nakita was still sleeping right beside him. He caressed her tousled hair as last night's event passed through his memory. She had given herself to him. Willing to be with him, to be one with him.

She could have said no, and he would have allowed it.

He continued to watch her sleep, so serene and peaceful. He moved a bit, a small frown came over her face but it faded away as he planted a kiss on her head. She snuggled closer to him. It was almost as if she needed confirmation that he was there with her.

He ran his fingers down her neck to shoulders and arm. He could feel the goosebumps beneath his fingertips as they grazed to her ribcage under her breast.

He watched her slowly open her eyes. Maalik brushed hair away from her face as he looked deep into her eyes. "Good morning."

The moment she opened her eyes, he was already looking at her.

Nakita couldn't help but feel the burn rise to her cheeks and felt embarrassed. She had given up her virginity last night.

She enjoyed herself quite a lot; she didn't expect him to be that way. He had, after all, spent more time killing people than talking to them.

In all honesty, she thought he would mistreat her during and after that night, but here he was, in bed with her. There was no cruelty in his eyes, it was all just genuine curiosity.

"Maalik..."

As soon as his name left her lips, his body stiffened and that was when she realised that this was the first time he had ever heard her say his name.

Nakita then pressed her lips on his and closed her eyes, wanting to avoid the embarrassment. She felt him pause at first and refused to do anything like he was hesitating. Why wasn't he doing anything? Was she doing it right?

He then wrapped an arm around her waist and his other hand curled around the back of Nakita's neck, pressing her lips harder against his. His lips were cool, full yet firm. His tongue slipped into her mouth, welcoming hers and sending a flood of eagerness down her spine.

She thought this was too much for her. She tried pushing him away from her, thinking he would let go. Instead, he gripped her even tighter, pulling Nakita in. From the back of his throat, a soft moan escaped. Nakita then felt a growing bulge forming at her thigh. As she began to melt into his fiery embrace, he pulled away, breaking the kiss.

She stared up at him, wanting more of the kisses. Nakita stretched forth her hands and placed them on either side of his face, grabbing it to pull it toward hers.

But Maalik held both of her wrists. "Stop it."

"Sorry..."

"No, don't be. I worry I have hurt you." He looked at her dead in the eye, lust and concern saturated his fiery brown eyes.

"I'm alright. Don't you want to as well?"

And Maalik gave in to that.

He took her mouth in a soft, passionate kiss and she responded. He pulled away and stared down at her, tracing every curve with his eyes. When he looked back at her, he gave her a tiny soft smile that made her heart warm up.

He then went back to her lips and kissed her tenderly. She held onto him around his neck like he was the only thing she needed. Without breaking the kiss, he gradually pushed into her.

She gasped against his lips as the feeling of him was a bit uncomfortable and overwhelmed at the same time. She tensed up, and he waited for her to relax.

His lovemaking was much slower and unhurried than the first time, fully focused on the bliss each stroke brought. His lips never left her, spilling affection over her neck, cheeks and breasts in equal recognition as he built up the pleasure deep within her.

He went back to place kisses on her neck and sucked, leaving his mark. Her thoughts made no sense, but that was part of the lovemaking.

Desire turned to demanding needs in an instant. He thrusted harder, his wants taking over.

Nakita moaned loudly, still shocked at how her voice sounded. She never knew she could make these noises and also enjoyed everything he was doing.

She wrapped her legs tighter around his waist and her hands slid up his muscles back as he continued to give her this new found pleasure. Nakita silently admired the curves of his back, all the bumps and hills that formed in tight and sturdy muscle mass. Nakita was still amazed that this huge and strong man who could easily hurt or kill her was tender and patient toward her.

She really hoped he would never change.

Her body contracted against his. And not long after, they calmed down from their highs, Maalik nearly collapsed on top of her but he held up before lowering himself slowly on her. Feathery kisses touched her skin from her forehead to the cleavage of her breasts. It still felt strange for her to let a man touch her this way. It was new. He's a complete stranger, but he's also her husband.

He made her stay in his embrace for who knew how long, but she liked it nonetheless.

While in his arms, she now took her time to know where she was and what was around her.

She came to the palace yesterday, the same day she was to marry. Her gaze moved around the room, and a red translucent curtain was draped around the bed, obstructing anyone from catching sight of the newlyweds.

"You can look around later, until then, sleep."

Nakita almost flinched, she had thought he was asleep the whole time. "Oh yes. Sorry, grand duke."

Almost immediately, Maalik was put in a bad mood. He was half hoping that she would continue to say his name instead of the title.

But he gathered and reassured himself that it would come with time, and he shouldn't push her too hard.