11: Master bedroom

Nakita was lying on her bed when suddenly, maids entered and were moving her things out of her room the same evening she had come back from the honeymoon vacation.

She knit her eyebrows. What in the world was happening here?

Anne entered the room. "Madam, I'm pleased that you haven't slept yet."

"What is going on here?"

"We need to discuss," she said in a whisper.

Nakita glanced over at the busy women. "I prefer to talk to her in private." They do a quick curtsey before strolling out. "So, what is it?"

"You know you had told me you didn't want to sleep in the master bedroom?"

"Yes, what about it?" Nakita asked, trying to understand where she was going with this.

"Because of that; his grace had decided that you and his grace should now live in a different chamber from here on out, starting tonight."

Nakita let out a groan, wrapping the blanket over herself.

"It's not that awful. Be optimistic once in a while," Anne assured as she struggled to pull away the covers.

"Why can't this man leave me alone?" Nakita muttered as Anne managed to pull the sheet from her embrace.

She shrugged at her questioning. "Well, he is your husband," she said and folded the covering. "Now, put these clothes on, you are leaving soon. There is an exception if you are okay with his grace seeing you in this nature, that is fine by me," she implied, eyeing her.

She was wearing only underwear and a spaghetti strap top.

Anne handed her the attire. Glaring at her, Nakita snatched it and wore them.

In 20 minutes, Nakita looked up to the ceiling in an unfamiliar suite. She turned to her left and met Maalik doing his own business by reading a book.

Sighing, she climbed out of the bed, grabbed a blanket and started walking to a sofa.

"Nakita."

She came to a halt, turning to see that Maalik had stopped reading his book and his attention was on his wife. He began to ask himself why she was acting like this? During the honeymoon, there was nothing wrong with them sleeping in the same bed, so why the change?

"What are you doing?"

"Huh? I'm going to sleep."

"The bed is there." He nodded his head to the side, gesturing to the king-sized mattress that had more than enough space for two people.

"Oh." It was the only thing she could bring out before moving back toward the bed.

The room was dark, only moonlight shined through the windows. Maalik had shortly joined her in bed after turning off the lights. She couldn't sleep, she was wide awake.

She had slept beside him several times during the honeymoon, so how could this be any different.

A hand touched her skin, cutting through her thoughts. It belonged to Maalik.

His fingers trailed under her night dress, touching her thighs then her stomach before resting right under her breasts.

"Grand duke...?" Her voice came out as a whisper.

"It's still Maalik, nothing will change just because we are back, darling." His arms snaked around her, pulling her to him. "And that includes you having this dress."

Before she could utter a word, he began pulling on the dress.

"Wait! There's no need for that."

But he didn't listen and she was buck naked in bed.