35: Feral

Once evening neared, Maalik and Nakita decided it was time to go back home.

The children should already be asleep.

They had only interacted with each other in small doses throughout the wedding; what happened yesterday was a major factor to that. None of them wanted to talk about it. It would only force them to question where they were heading and what their roles were in their relationship.

They made sure the children were sound asleep before going their own way to separate rooms.

Nakita laid there in bed, staring up at the ceiling in silence. Images of Maalik clouded her vision whenever she closed her eyes. His voice, his smiles, his hair. Those calloused hands that touched her with both gentility and roughness. Those coal-coloured eyes that warmed whenever they landed her. His body pressed against hers. On top of her. Inside of her.

Her throat was hit with sudden thirst and dryness, and she had to swallow hard in order to soothe it. But it wasn't working; it was making it worse. She was craving something; she felt empty and wanted to be filled.

Before she could process those desires to bury them like she had always done, Nakita instead moved towards Maalik's room. She knocked and received no answer, eventually she opened the door and he wasn't there.

She went looking for him and stopped in front of the library when she saw a dim shine coming out from there and the door ajar. With a soft push, the door widened. She stepped deeper into the semi dark library.

And there he was.

Maalik casually sat by the nightstand with only the lamp on the small round table lighting up the tiny corner. He still wore his clothes from the wedding without the suit.

The distant look in his eyes while staring out the window with a drink at hand, sitting on a black leather wingback chair, made him even more appealing to her.

"Maalik."

His steel gaze shifted to the direction of her voice.

When he didn't respond, panic threatened to take over, but she pushed it down. This would change their whole dynamic.

"Would you like some tea in my room?"

"In your room." His dark stare lowered down to her body, she was wearing a thin nightgown. It was almost transparent, with a silky robe wrapped around her luscious figure. She wanted to have tea with him, looking like that. Late in the evening. In her room?

"Yes." Her voice came out as a whisper. She wasn't exactly sure what she was doing, but she was sure he knew by now what her intentions were.

Nakita watched him slowly stand up, nearing her. "And if I refuse?"

"Then you will never know what might come out of it."

He raised a brow to that. "Well then. Since you insist, perhaps I shouldn't miss it."

"You shouldn't."

A mischievous glint flashed in his eyes and a subtle smirk touched his lips.

They both stood still, fixated at each other.

Desire was sent like a current between them; they both knew what the other wanted. Words were unnecessary.

Maalik brought out his hand and she sheepishly placed hers in his.

They both knew what they were doing, but no one stopped it as he led her back to her bedchamber.

There was no turning back now. They might regret doing this the next day, however, that was insignificant at that very moment.