02: Husband and Wife

When Nakita entered the empty room, she stared at the bed.

She walked to the bed and saw it was in a heart-shaped form. After staring at it in annoyance, she sighed in defeat and collapsed onto it, and rose petals scattered around. Nakita then rolled her back and stayed that way for a bit.

She then heard the door open and shut. She jumped off the bed and stood up to see the prince staring at her. His dark eyes caressed each surface of skin he could find.

His steely gaze watched in high anticipation and unmistakable lust, waiting to finally have her.

Her breath hitched. He never looked at her that way throughout the wedding. Was he hiding his true intentions all along?

She had to swallow hard to push down her nerves but it only formed in the pit of her stomach.

He looked better in a more loose attire; he didn't look like a prince, more like an untamed rogue wandering across the sea.

"What is your name?"

She was taken aback by his deep gravel voice, no wonder he was the general of the army as well, he had the voice for it. She couldn't even imagine his voice saying anything good or gentle.

"My name is Nakita."

She ignored the urge to back away as he neared her.

"Maalik." He touched her dark brown hair. "How old are you, darling?" He then plucked a few rose petals in her head.

Darling.

She blushed when he called her that.

"I-I'm nineteen."

"Twenty eight."

Silence settled in as soon as they stared at each other. Nakita wasn't so sure on what to do, she wasn't prepared for this moment. And the dim lights attempted to create a 'romantic atmosphere' but it didn't work with the awkward silence.

Her cheeks felt hot and her stomach somersaulted. Were they expected to consummate the marriage? Will it be bad?

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you, darling." He had already known what she was thinking and didn't blame her for it. He touched her hair, stroking it until he reached the tips of her loose locks, wrapping it around his finger.

She wasn't sure if he was just taunting her but it sounded genuine. This was the longest conversation she has ever had with a full grown man. There weren't many men his age in her town, they were either too old or too young, and the few ones around his age were already married or engaged, so that was out of the question.

His hard calloused hand moved down her smooth arm before he grabbed her waist and tugged her a little to his chest, hugging her. He had the urge to squeeze her harder, but it would hurt her, and he didn't want that. She was just tiny and warm in his embrace.

Maalik pulled away to see her face, she looked confused and concerned. And he didn't blame her for it either, but at least it didn't look like she feared him too much.

"Are you okay to proceed?'"

With a short moment of thinking, she nodded. "Yes, I'm alright."

He leaned down, placing a peck on the lips. He was unsure how she was going to react. But Nakita didn't even flinch when he did that.

Maalik then slowly carried her to the bed and gently placed her down onto it. Nakita then found herself on the bed and his lips came harder against hers.

He kissed her, his lips meeting hers in great wanting. Maalik wrapped an arm around her waist. she let out a shaky breath, her heart pounding against her chest, maybe because of agitation or anticipation as his lips left hers travelling below her neck. As he kissed her collarbone, his hand slid down her side to her bare leg and under her clothes.

His touches distracted her as his hands began to slowly remove her clothes.

She then felt a light breeze across her skin and realised she was naked beneath him.

Self-conscious of her body, she tried covering it up, but he tenderly removed her arms away.

"Don't do that, I like how you look." He leaned down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead and wrapped his arms around her for a tight embrace.

He then slammed hard into her, filling her to the hilt. She cried out. He peppered her teary face with kisses as he thrust faster and harder, tearing her up with no hesitation or patience. Her body trembled, she didn't know what to do. Was this how it was supposed to feel? She had heard from other girls that it hurt a little, but this was too much.

Nakita cried even harder, and that was when he stopped. He caressed her hair, wiping the tears from her face. He didn't want to see her cry, not like this.

Maalik frowned, displeased with himself. He had to be careful. "My apologies, just bear with me, I'm still learning."

After she calmed down a bit, he entered her again, much slower this time. He kissed her and this time; she didn't cry. Instead, she did something that he was shocked about.

Her hesitating hands gave him light touches with innocent curiosity, as she had never felt a man's body before. Nakita touched his short, dark hair, letting her fingers tangle through his hair.

She even tried imitating the way Maalik kissed her but ended up nibbling on his bottom lip, sucking the life out of it. Maalik chuckled, pulling away and realising she had never kissed someone either. "Nakita, let me do it instead."

He gave her a sweet kiss that eased her to slip into the moment with no hesitation. She then held his shoulders, pulling herself toward him.

She parted her legs wider with an absent mind, eager for more. His hand slid to her bare thighs, causing goosebumps everywhere. He squeezed her thigh and she flinched by the subtle, sudden act.

He began stroking her thighs, his hand dived between them more. He nuzzled his head down to her neck, grazing her flesh with his teeth before nibbling.

"Grand duke, th-this feels strange..."

He didn't respond, but suppressed her voice with a kiss to her lips as he started to thrust faster, noticing that she had relaxed her muscles around him.

Maalik then steadily increased his pace and soon her soft, authentic moans came to life. She was no longer crying, instead enjoying it just as much as he did.

She collapsed onto the bed, exhausted, she could barely open up her eyes. She felt the sensation of him stroking her cheek. He then tucked her into the warm blanket and wrapped his arms around her.

The rumours of him being a cruel and wicked man were all false after all. Because what she witnessed and experienced was something completely different.

He held her tight to him as their bodies resolved and relaxed together. He whispered something into her hair, which she couldn't understand. As she closed her eyes, a faint smile appeared on her lips and she swiftly drifted off to a dreamless sleep.