26: Appetite

Her eyes fluttered open, facing the window of the balcony.

She tried sitting up, but something, or rather, someone was hindering her. His heavy arms were wrapped around her as if he was afraid that she would disappear once he woke up.

Nakita tried moving away, but he just tightened his grip while scooting along with her, leaving no space between them.

She started to become anxious; she needed to leave. Reaching for the pillow under her head, she pulled it out slowly. Patiently she waited until Maalik was relaxed and entered deep sleep once more.

She managed to wiggle the pillow between him and her while simultaneously peeling his arm away.

Nakita escaped just in time for Maalik to stir in his sleep again, wrapping his arms around the pillow instead of her.

She carefully stood from the bed, picking up her dress. She was grateful that he didn't tear up this one and it was an easy wear.

As she was picking up her underwear, tights and shoes; she was left unaware that Maalik had already woken up.

He was a light sleeper and he knew his own wife's body enough to recognise that it wasn't her he was holding. He sat up and saw her dressing up to leave.

Her long messy hair reached her mid thighs, so it was difficult to see her body as she was turned away from him. He waited for her to be dressed, and all other things at hand to head toward the door before he said something.

"Where are you going, Nakita?"

It was amusing to see her face turn to him with shock and fright written all over it. She was finally getting easier to read.

"I...I was going back to my room." Her voice could be mistaken for whispering, there was no confidence in it.

"Come back here." His dark brown eyes stared down at her even from a sitting position.

Nakita visibly gulped. She was so close, all she had to do was step out, she had already opened the door.

As if Maalik read her mind, his expression darkened, and his voice was solemn. "If you walk through that door, I will drag you back to bed. And you better pray that you have enough energy left to handle what I would personally do to you."

She stood still by the open door and looked down the empty hallway outside before silently closing it shut.

He watched her like a hawk as she got closer to bed.

"Drop those things you have in your hands."

She obeyed his command without second thought.

"Come closer." She came to the side she had previously slept on, her gaze remained on the floor. "Remove that dress."

This time, she looked up at him and hesitated. "Wh-what? I thought you wouldn't..."

"You thought I wouldn't what." His tone was void of any emotions. "Take. It. Off."

With trembling fingers, she clenched the fabric, peeling away the dress from her until it dropped to the floor.

Maalik watched the dress drift to the floor before lifting his gaze up her body. She was so beautiful and sweet.

Her soft skin glowed in the sun; the colour of caramel and honey. Very sweet. Her wide hips swollen from the three children she had given birth to. There was more delicious flesh for him to grab on.

She looked so innocent with the way she kept avoiding his gaze, covering her breasts and private parts. But he knew she was far from being innocent.

"Come onto the bed."