29: Complicated

Two weeks have passed, and Nakita has seen no one since that incident in his study. She has been avoiding everyone by not attending breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. She locked herself in a room, eating food there.

Nakita was quite grateful and surprised that Maalik didn't stop her.

The big flat-screen TV. It always entertained her and it never bore her. She watched horror movies, but regretted it later because she hated jump scares. She loved horror movies and enjoyed the adrenaline rush. Perhaps, she watched them to forget that moment..

There were times she would pay the children a visit, they would talk about anything, and she would try to avoid the topic of why she wasn't eating with them anymore. She would also sometimes sleepover when they insisted or she was too tired to go back.

Right now, Nakita was lying on her back with her eyes staring at the ceiling and her right arm across her face.

Maalik.

She wanted to forget; she wanted to forget everything. Those moments she shared with him, those sleepless nights that always made her core throb and tingle each time it passed her mind.

Her hand slowly crept in her underwear, subtly feeling the wetness. A small moan left her when she gingerly slipped a finger inside, thrusting it in and out. Shame washed over her like she was doing something wrong.

A knock on the door interrupted her actions. Who could it be? Maybe it was the children, but they were deep asleep when she left. Perhaps they had a nightmare. She climbed out of bed and wiped her finger with a wet cloth before going towards the door.

Nakita opened the door and her heart dropped. Standing before her was Maalik and his tall figure staring down at her with intensive sharp eyes.

They stared at each other for a good minute. It gave her time to look at him properly. He was wearing a dark grey shirt that defined the outline of his muscled body. He had on grey sweatpants that made whatever that was inside it more appealing.

Nakita snapped out of her pathetic subconscious mind and was trying to process and figure out the reason he was here by this time of the night. But she already knew.

"Why are you here?" She managed to bring it out.

"I haven't seen you for a while."

He was staring at her with intensity on his impossibly handsome face. That stupid face that kept hunting her thoughts.

When she didn't respond, he added something that made her body heat. "I want to come in."

She suddenly became conscious of what she was wearing. It was an off shoulder blue silk dress that hugged her figure, and she was wearing nothing underneath other than her pant. Nakita tried to close the door but he put his hand between, hindering the door from closing.

"W-what do you want?" Her voice began to waver as the thoughts of the things he had been doing to her for the past few days were becoming more clear than ever.

He didn't answer but still has a neutral face on. Unfazed.

"I-It is late right now, go to bed, we can talk tomorrow." She was trying to negotiate.

"Let me in, Nakita."

His cold voice held promises she wasn't so sure she could handle, but shamefully wanted to experience.

"Maalik, please..."

He didn't respond, but pushed the door open to enter.

"If you do something, I'm going to scream," she warned him.