- Just a sketch -

- A Rise Donnie x reader soulmate au -

A/n: Everything you draw on your skin also appears on your soulmate's skin

3rd person pov: Y/N doodled absentmindedly on their skin, writing the days math problems on their arm, as the hours whent bye they began to draw their zodiac constelation and diffrent kinds of animals, animals such as otters, cats, owls, deer, and frogs, but their favorite animal, the one they drew the most, was a turtle, and not just any turtle, oh no, you see they had a favorite kind of turtle.... the spiny softshelled turtle to be precise, they never knew why it was their favorite turtle, just something about the way it looked they thought, to them and to others it was odd, but it helped them focus when the teacher spoke, and they liked to imagine their soulmate liking the Apalone spinifera...
3rd person pov: Y/N knew that whatever they decided to draw on their skin would appear on their soulmate's skin, so they decided they would draw at least a small doodle until they found the one that was meant for them. Their soulmate was not idle either, sometimes Y/N would notice a few doodles here and there. Y/N had tried to speak to him, especially when they had just found out about soulmates, but they had been explained countless times that messages would blur and appear as ink splotches rather than deliver, which was totally unfair and made everything rather challenging. So, they had given up on writing and rather expressed through doodles, a math or science equation in the morning, a heart when they wanted their soulmate to feel loved, a Spiny softshell turtle when they were happy and always a doodle of their zodiac constellation at night to give a hint to when they were born . They were sometimes met with drawings from their soulmate, complex math or science equations, , hearts and stick figures of what you assumed where two people, probably ment to be you with your soulmate when you would meet eachother, those little added details brightened your day.3rd person pov: You looked outside, longing to find your soulmate, whichever hints they could give they would, they just needed something, anything they could to help. Staring out from the classroom window y/n could just barely make out the outline of a silhouette of a....what appeared to be a robot on the city pavement, except it wasn't lying down it was floating, surveying the area, it almost looked like a drone if it weren't for the fact that it could somehow convey emotion, it looked depressed, like as if it were sad that it couldn't find what it was looking for, it flew up to the schools windowsill just outside my classroom, it didn't see me or the other students... I smiled, of course, maybe this was my sign! With the growing popularity of underground bot races, maybe this might be a good hint, maybe my soulmate was the owner of that robot....! I had to know, luckily it was the last period and the bells where about to ring, when they rang I sprinted out of the school, so fast I could have competed with sonic....

3rd person pov: They hoped their soulmate would make the connection; with that they tailed the robot to an alleyway, the robot said something to someone on a speaker and the manhole opened up, hoping that the drawings on their arms would be recognizable to whoever was working with the robot, they waited until the coast was clear, and opened the manhole cover, climbing down the ladder and into the dimly lit abyss that was the sewers....

_____________________________________________________________________
Y/n's pov: Following after the robot lead to a bigger area that looked like it was lived in, no scratch that it was... The robot whose name I'd found out was called Sheldon was conversing with and arguing with a humanoid turtle...A mutant Spiny Softshell Turtle that stood at five foot three, he wore a purple bandanna, tech goggles, and he had purple birthmarks on his shoulders... and was that a science equation on his cheek, it looked like he had been up all night writing a scientific problem on a piece of paper and fell asleep, his cheek must have been pressed against the graphite since however long he'd been asleep, deciding it was time for me to leave I accidentally kicked a piece of rubbish across the ground, it was some sort of aluminum can, not that it mattered what it was but it rolled forward and straight against the turtle muntant's foot...

3rd person pov: Donatello stopped dead in his tracks, stopping his minnie rant as he felt the cold metal of the can, he hadn't heard the sound of it rolling to a stop until he felt the can bounce back a little, as he looked up from the can he saw someone peaking out from the front entrance of the lair to him, he felt his cheeks flush and he could not help his scowl that formed on his face, his drawn eybrows perfectly matching his anger and embarrassment... He knew that there was a chance that someone would follow Sheldon, and now that chance was proven, oh how he wanted to gloat and boast on how he knew this would happen, that looking for his soulmate was a mistake....and honestly even though he was upset Donnie couldn't help but think that in the current lighting the stanger looked attractive, though the more he looked at their face the more Donatello's face began to redden with blush... could it be? Cheeks flushed red he lifted his hand as if to touch the equation on their cheek, however he figured that they might have not noticed it before so instead he lifted his arm to display his soulmates beautiful artwork right there on his wrist.

3rd person pov: They both gasped and looked at eachother, then at their arms, lifting them up to compare the identical scribbles... Y/N remembered making the different images that lay bared across his arm like shiny trophies, the turtle muntant whose name
y/n had yet to learn, looked them up and down.

Y/n's pov: I looked at his cheek and lifted a hand to his face.... "So you're the one....you know I was laughed at earlier this morning because of the drawing on my face, how late did you stay up....and why?" was all
I managed to say.
3rd person pov: Donatello, enticed with their firey nature and the way their eyes gleamed in the dim lighting the way their hips moved as if they were fidgeting and couldn't stand still, he only nodded at their question, grinning like it was the funniest thing in the world... Y/N smiled and pulled him towards themselve, they hugged him, his already flushed cheeks turning a deeper shade of red, "Maybe we can go out sometime soon, my name's y/n" .... They said admiring the boy that stood before them. Donatello gulped "I'm Donatello, Donatello Hamato, it's midnight now, you shouldn't be out this late by yourself, do you mind if I walk you home, it's not safe to head back to your apartment by yourself you know that right?". Y/N smiled at the sweet suggestion and nodded "I'd love to, we have a lot of catching up to do"....